PDA

View Full Version : Pro Mag magazines

airuke
06-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Anyone have experience using the Pro Mag magazines in the 9 mm flavor? Just purchased a CW 9 and am out looking for a few more magazines. At the local gun dealer I can get a Pro Mag 7 round magazine for 16.99 which I believe is less than half the cost of a factory magazine.

I won't compromise dependability for cost but if they work what a deal

Bawanna
06-26-2010, 09:15 PM
"I won't compromise dependability for cost but if they work what a deal"

You answered your own question. I'd pay double and get factory myself. If your looking for something just for range maybe ok, but I wouldn't even do that. If MecGar ever made Kahr mags and maybe they do and we don't know it, I'd probably try those. They make alot of factory mags.

OldLincoln
06-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Interesting that I don't see the PM9 10rd version anymore. One site said they have been "discontinued by the manufacturer".

gunmut
07-03-2010, 06:38 PM
I bought Pro Mag for my K40 and had no luck at all; I asked for replacements and had the same problem....I would stay away from them for Kahr.:mad:

I do have some Pro Mag for my CZ 75 and they work fine.

jocko
07-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Pro mags have a very iffy reputation. IMO stick with kahr mag, they might cost more but you know they are designed for your kahrs.

RogerP9fan
07-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Hey guys, new here. I've heard the the Kahr spare magazine you may carry has a tendency to allow the first round to slip out with just normal "sitting in your pocket" daily activity. Is this true? I also understand the Pro Mags do not allow this to happen. True?

rickmn50
07-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Use the ProMag's at the range but use factory mags when it matters...when carrying.

Just my 2 cents.

wyntrout
07-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Hey guys, new here. I've heard the the Kahr spare magazine you may carry has a tendency to allow the first round to slip out with just normal "sitting in your pocket" daily activity. Is this true? I also understand the Pro Mags do not allow this to happen. True?

If you're carrying a magazine loose in your pocket or in a floppy magazine holder, it's possible for more than one round to wiggle out. Someone here said his magazine EMPTIED like that. Some of the calibers are more prone to that than others... mainly the 9mm magazines. I've certainly seen at least one cartridge "tipple" out of my magazines for both 9mm's. I have a stay-at-home K9 and I carry a PM9 sometimes. I use kydex magazine holders now IWB, OWB, or in pocket.
The .45 magazines don't seem to "tipple" and I haven't given the P380 magazines a chance to do that.
If you try ProMag's, test them very well before betting your life on them.
Wynn