PDA

View Full Version : What Are They Doing to My Marine Corps?

Bill K
01-21-2015, 05:34 AM
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

ripley16
01-21-2015, 07:22 AM
OK... I'll bite... what are they dong to your corps?

downtownv
01-21-2015, 03:57 PM
Somewhere they failed at the physical training and moved on to throwing grenades like a ****-tard...

ripley16
01-21-2015, 06:07 PM
That is reported to be a Chinese video, not a U.S. Marine. Doesn't look like our grenade training facilities either.

Bill K
01-22-2015, 07:10 AM
That is reported to be a Chinese video, not a U.S. Marine. Doesn't look like our grenade training facilities either.

Sorry, I didn't know that else I wouldn't have posted.

My basic infantry training was in 1962 at Camp Geiger, NC and no, except for the sand bags, it doesn't look like I remember. What I see in the video appears to be a lot smarter/safer design for the station than I recall using.

BTW, the clip was sent to me in an email by my brother who is also a former Marine and Vietnam vet.

Update: Sorry guys... Yes, it does appear to be a Chinese video that was cropped and the sound removed. I hate when I get duped like this, Not only does it hurt my credibility but also my passing it on can hurt another persons credibility.

Bill K
01-22-2015, 07:21 AM
Somewhere they failed at the physical training and moved on to throwing grenades like a ****-tard...

Yes, i was thinking in part what you say but also in reply to ripley16... the phrase "What have they done" or "What are you doing" to "my Marine Corps!" was an oft heard lament when a Marine screwed up such as that individual throwing the grenade did in the video or perhaps in response some "chicken s..t" order that came down from on high. I was in from 1962-1966 so I imagine a lot has changed since then.

gb6491
01-22-2015, 09:19 AM
Sorry, I didn't know that else I wouldn't have posted.

My basic infantry training was in 1962 at Camp Geiger, NC and no, except for the sand bags, it doesn't look like I remember. What I see in the video appears to be a lot smarter/safer design for the station than I recall using.

BTW, the clip was sent to me in an email by my brother who is also a former Marine and Vietnam vet.

Update: Sorry guys... Yes, it does appear to be a Chinese video that was cropped and the sound removed. I hate when I get duped like this, Not only does it hurt my credibility but also my passing it on can hurt another persons credibility.

'62:confused:...weren't you guys still lighting fuses on grenades with a slow match back then?:w00t:;):yo:

....I passed through Geiger late 71 - early 72:target:

Semper Fi,
Greg

BTW, I did get a chuckle when the instructor/troop handler shoved her head first into that bunker.:)

Bawanna
01-22-2015, 09:38 AM
For some reason I can't see the video. I just see a still picture. The head first line makes me want to see it. I'll keep trying.

gb6491
01-22-2015, 10:25 AM
For some reason I can't see the video. I just see a still picture. The head first line makes me want to see it. I'll keep trying.
Here's a link to try Bawanna: http://www.gifbin.com/987502
Regards,
Greg

Bawanna
01-22-2015, 11:25 AM
Thanks Greg, that worked for me. That is hilarious the head first stuff into the bunker. The fella on the right didn't find much cover but he apparently came out ok.

Can't see it but she apparently fell short of the barrier and the grenade went into the trough huh? Obviously on their side.

muggsy
01-25-2015, 06:19 AM
That's Semper Fi not Semper Pie. Brings new meaning to the words, "throw's like a girl."