PDA

View Full Version : Walmart finally comes through

O'Dell
07-02-2010, 11:19 AM
I couldn't believe it. Today for the first time in 6-8 months WM had 45 cal. They only had two 50 count boxes of Federal and one 100 count box of WWB, so I bought it all.

Bawanna
07-02-2010, 11:54 AM
Hoarder!

Jab, jab. Well done.

I've never checke our Wal Marts for ammo since I reload but gotta go soon to get some fishing stuff. I'll check stock and prices. Having a hard time lately keeping up on the press.
Might hit Lowes and see if they picked up that piece of brass the dude shot himself with. Waste not, want not!

hobbydad
07-02-2010, 01:02 PM
I've been buying my 9mm ammo at Walmart. Last time I was there they had "more then we can fit on the shelf", which is alot. They limit you to 6 boxs at a time, and that's a good thing or I would go broke I think. Cannot beat $9.45 a box.

rholmes69
07-02-2010, 03:28 PM
They have 9mm here for 8.97. Sweet!!!

mikearc
09-17-2010, 06:49 AM
I usually get mine (9mm) at Walmart as well, and I was told there is no 6 box limit anymore! (last trip was about 3 weeks ago)

jlottmc
09-17-2010, 08:07 AM
They told me they lifted the 6 box rule. 45 is still hard to find, but they have a little of everything else.

wyntrout
09-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Not wanting to be a piggie, the last time I got .45 there, I only bought 10 boxes of Federal FMJ for $15.97 a box, leaving at least two boxes of that behind. Two days ago they had none. I once saw the 250-ct Mega-Pack UMC FMJ for $84.97 a box... bought both... they only had two, so I could have bought 4 more boxes of something else at the time. No limits now, but there's not always what you want in stock. They have all kinds of 9mm and .40 S&W.
There's still some danged hoarders out there! :rolleyes:
Wynn:D

f44life
09-24-2010, 08:40 PM
i think you meant 9.47 a box...but yeah thats were i get my target ammo

gunmut
09-25-2010, 10:11 AM
last week found a case full of 380 at Wally World; Rem 100 rd boxes. First time I have seen any 380 at WW in more than 6 months!

yodaman
09-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Walmart has recently removed the "6 Boxes" a time limit. You can buy to your hearts desire now! At least here in California.

f44life
09-26-2010, 12:33 PM
i seen 36boxes of 9mm...wish i had the money 1800rounds and 350bucks

OldLincoln
09-26-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm glad somebody brought this up. I see UMC, Winchester white box, Russian brands, and other .45 ammo for sale but have been reluctant to buy it because I don't know if it shoots well. I read some have less punch so will not cycle right, and others have some issues.

Please tell me what brands are okay from Walmart since they carry the same stuff everywhere. I need to buy some of that $8.97 ammo!!

RagnarD
10-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Just picked up 5 boxes of 50 count Federal 115gr FMJ for $10.47 each... and they had more. These will be the first rounds through my brand new PM9 until I get it broken in, then it'll be time to choose a SD round and start testing it.

jocko
10-09-2010, 06:35 PM
My wife works at a local wal-mart and she told me that they are going to restart in selling firearms again. Her store got out of the firearms business about 5 years ago and only sold ammo now they are going back into the gun business and her understanding is tha they will order handguns but will not stock them.

MichSteve
10-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Just picked up 5 boxes of 50 count Federal 115gr FMJ for $10.47 each... and they had more. These will be the first rounds through my brand new PM9 until I get it broken in, then it'll be time to choose a SD round and start testing it.

I have 550 of these Federal 115FMJ though my PM9, they worked flawless and seem to be very clean ammo.

jlottmc
10-10-2010, 11:41 AM
My wife works at a local wal-mart and she told me that they are going to restart in selling firearms again. Her store got out of the firearms business about 5 years ago and only sold ammo now they are going back into the gun business and her understanding is tha they will order handguns but will not stock them.

I wonder if they will advertise that, if they do it at all.

koishoes
11-12-2010, 08:10 AM

This is interesting, I wonder if other will too...:cool:

wyntrout
11-12-2010, 08:18 AM
The Wal-Marts here raised the Federal 9mm FMJ from $9.47 to $10.47 and began selling Tula in several calibers, the 9mm @ $9.47 a box of 50. That's the Russian steel-cased stuff like Wolf. I'll stick with the Federal for the range... bought a bunch of that in 9mm and .45 ACP... the best deals at the time.
I never had any problems with the Federal. The Winchester 100-Packs in .45 ACP do seem to give me more problems than any other brand I use, though I had a few problems with the Remington UMC .45's recently... FTF and FTRTB... "skinning" at least one bullet and numerous cocked or jammed halfway into the chamber of my PM45. I was using non-Kahr magazines, so it could have been the angle of presentation to the feed ramp or something.
Wynn:)

O'Dell
11-12-2010, 11:06 AM
The Wal-Marts here raised the Federal 9mm FMJ from $9.47 to $10.47 and began selling Tula in several calibers, the 9mm @ $9.47 a box of 50. That's the Russian steel-cased stuff like Wolf. I'll stick with the Federal for the range... bought a bunch of that in 9mm and .45 ACP... the best deals at the time.
I never had any problems with the Federal. The Winchester 100-Packs in .45 ACP do seem to give me more problems than any other brand I use, though I had a few problems with the Remington UMC .45's recently... FTF and FTRTB... "skinning" at least one bullet and numerous cocked or jammed halfway into the chamber of my PM45. I was using non-Kahr magazines, so it could have been the angle of presentation to the feed ramp or something.
Wynn:)

I won't use the Russian stuff. I've never had a problem with Remington or Federal in any caliber, but the WWB in 9mm was inconsistent in two guns. So far the 45 has worked.

Bawanna
11-12-2010, 11:21 AM
Word on the street is we're getting a new Wal Mart here in our town. Been argued back and forth for years but I understand it's now gonna happen.
I dont get in them very often but will perhaps more now that there'll be one close.
Gives me a second option for buying clothes, and fishing and stuff. Such a limited selection at the Salvation Army anymore.

Bawanna
11-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I won't use the Russian stuff. I've never had a problem with Remington or Federal in any caliber, but the WWB in 9mm was inconsistent in two guns. So far the 45 has worked.

I agree with ya, no russian stuff for me either. Ain't natural. In russian guns maybe or surplus for my Mosin Nagant etc, just maybe but probably not even then.

jlottmc
11-13-2010, 07:59 AM
I agree with ya, no russian stuff for me either. Ain't natural. In russian guns maybe or surplus for my Mosin Nagant etc, just maybe but probably not even then.

I've never had a problem with Russian stuff. I hear well it's dirtier than most other ammo. To that I say so what, you're going to clean it anyway. It has always gone bang, and don't be scared of the steel case. Blaser has aluminum cases, and most surplus ammo that you get is steel cased as well. Shoot the Russian stuff, it works fine.

wyntrout
11-13-2010, 08:33 AM
The Wolf ammo... .45 acp, really stank and makes a lot of smoke, too. I've noticed that it's not the only one that smokes, though... could be the short barrel and the powder not burning up completely... ??:confused:

It does go bang, though, but it's been higher than Wal-Mart prices, so I'll stick with (and support) American ammo. :D

Wynn:D

O'Dell
11-13-2010, 11:20 AM
I've never had a problem with Russian stuff. I hear well it's dirtier than most other ammo. To that I say so what, you're going to clean it anyway. It has always gone bang, and don't be scared of the steel case. Blaser has aluminum cases, and most surplus ammo that you get is steel cased as well. Shoot the Russian stuff, it works fine.

I don't buy Blazer or surplus ammo either. Since I've never shot it, I don't know if it's dirtier or not.

Bawanna
11-13-2010, 11:56 AM
I don't buy Blazer or surplus ammo either. Since I've never shot it, I don't know if it's dirtier or not.

I've had no issues at all with Blazer both aluminum or brass case. We use it for traiining ammo when we can't get the lawman stuff. Did my PM45 break in with Blazer.
Not trying to change your opinion dad but it works for me.

jocko
11-13-2010, 12:14 PM
If blazer is cheaper when I go to buy, I but it, it is range fodder, works great in any of my kahrs, I would prefer brass over aluminum but can't qualify what I said either, as both work fine.. Our wal=-mart NEVER has blazer ammo, to add to that they have not had one box of 380 ammo in any brand in over 2 years. I keep asking the sales person why and get a stupid answer, "We have it on order".

Bawanna
11-13-2010, 12:23 PM
If blazer is cheaper when I go to buy, I but it, it is range fodder, works great in any of my kahrs, I would prefer brass over aluminum but can't qualify what I said either, as both work fine.. Our wal=-mart NEVER has blazer ammo, to add to that they have not had one box of 380 ammo in any brand in over 2 years. I keep asking the sales person why and get a stupid answer, "We have it on order".

If I didn't reload I'd be shooting the aluminum all day long. Especially if the price was less which it usually is around here.
I like a mountain of empty brass though, I'm a brass hoarder. Actually I hoard lots of stuff. Maybe I'll be on that Hoarder TV show someday although I haven't watched it yet.