PDA

View Full Version : kahr disassembly lever/ slidestop

Gene Hackman
01-25-2015, 03:39 AM
Howdy folks. I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times but chime in if you would. I have the ct9 and I have a bit of trouble getting the takedown lever out. So you're supposed to just be able to line up the notches and pull it out? That doesn't work. It seems to me that the notches should be on the other side because I have to push mine out. I've been using the end of a tire gauge (nifty huh?) but I don't want to mar up the polymer. It's difficult though because I pretty much have to guess when it's lined up. How do you get yours out? Thanks in advance.

muggsy
01-25-2015, 05:43 AM
Removing the slide stop should become easier as the gun breaks in. I usually use the nose of a bullet to push out the slide stop once the marks are aligned. Once you get past the first 1/8" it slides in and out real easy. I told Mrs. Muggsy the same thing on our wedding night. :)

shlike
01-25-2015, 06:20 AM
Howdy folks. I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times but chime in if you would. I have the ct9 and I have a bit of trouble getting the takedown lever out. So you're supposed to just be able to line up the notches and pull it out? That doesn't work. It seems to me that the notches should be on the other side because I have to push mine out. I've been using the end of a tire gauge (nifty huh?) but I don't want to mar up the polymer. It's difficult though because I pretty much have to guess when it's lined up. How do you get yours out? Thanks in advance.

There is a disassembly video on the Kahr.com website that will show you how to grip the gun so you can see the notches line up as well as be able to see the other side so you can get the slide stop started. Tapping the end of the slide stop with the end of a plastic-handle screwdriver works well to get it started.

Armybrat
01-25-2015, 08:17 AM
Yeah, gettin' those witness marks lined up steadily has always been a PITA with my PM9 & CW45. Ain't much easier with my new CT380.

Nytcrawler93
01-25-2015, 08:45 AM
I use a rubber mallet VERY lightly. It got easier past 400 rounds but still tight. Just make dang sure it is lined up AND the cut out makes sense. It is possible the mark is just ever so slightly off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hardluk1
01-25-2015, 09:59 AM
Line up the marks or line up the notch , What ever works for you . My TP 40 is harder to push the level even with a 1000 rounds plus and many dis-assemblies but its just the way it I s!! . My cm9 and cw9 are a bresse to take down . With the tp40 with the edge of my work bench to push the pin in and then the lever pulls right out.

I would say pulling the pin is very much like a 1911 but many guys have not pulled one of those down ether soooooo

dirtengineer
01-25-2015, 01:23 PM
I start mine by pressing with the base of a magazine. That keeps me from breaking anything and it is always available.

ripley16
01-25-2015, 02:51 PM
I don't use the witness marks but rather I just look at the notch cut out and push the pin when that is lined up with the slide release nub. There's little room for error and this method seems more reliable and accurate than the witness marks.

cobrasjp
01-25-2015, 07:02 PM
^^^ Exactly

ulflyer
01-29-2015, 05:39 PM
I don't use the witness marks but rather I just look at the notch cut out and push the pin when that is lined up with the slide release nub. There's little room for error and this method seems more reliable and accurate than the witness marks.

I use this method too with one difference: I use my right hand to pull the slide back to line up the cut out with the slide and with a tiny screw driver in my left hand, slip it under the mag release and pop it out a hair. Then remove by pulling it out with your fingers. Works ever time and does not mar the slide in any way. ;)

Ken L
01-30-2015, 09:17 AM
What works for me is to grab the gun from the front with my left palm over the barrel, with my middle or ring finger thru the the trigger guard from the front. I then squeeze the slide with the palm of my hand (pulling with my finger) lining up the marks. I do have to get the pin started by tapping it with a screwdriver handle, but once it gets started it moves pretty easily.

Of course the gun is empty, checked a bazillion times, because this method puts my hand in front of the barrel.

xsailer
03-04-2015, 01:13 PM

I put several hundred rounds thru mine and still the slide stop removal is not easy. This is how I do it. Made from a dowel and scrap block of wood. Works great and I use it on all of my Kahrs.

berettabone
03-04-2015, 01:47 PM
I use this method too with one difference: I use my right hand to pull the slide back to line up the cut out with the slide and with a tiny screw driver in my left hand, slip it under the mag release and pop it out a hair. Then remove by pulling it out with your fingers. Works ever time and does not mar the slide in any way. ;)

+++++++++++++++1 Using your right or left hand, get a good grip, put all of your fingers on the top of the slide and using the sight as a brace, pull the slide back with your fingers, and pop out the slide release with a popsicle stick.

Alfonse
03-04-2015, 02:42 PM
My K9 is by far my worst to get apart of three Kahrs. In that one I actually pull the slide back and put a toothbrush I use for cleaning down into the magazine well through the slide. I can use that to hold it perfectly in line while I actually take a plastic punch and a mallet and encourage it to come out. My other Kahrs I can line up and pull out much easier just lining them up by hand. I have hopes the K9 will get easier with time. The others did.

Scarywoody
03-04-2015, 04:24 PM
I polished my slide stop. That seemed to help. On my CM9 I found that if I go just a bit past the witness lines and start pushing as the slide slips back the pin comes right out. YMMV.

berettabone
03-04-2015, 05:47 PM

I hope you mean the slide release........................................