PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Pre-WWII Walther PPK

RevRay
02-10-2015, 05:11 PM
Our training NCO's in the Army used to say there's no such thing as a stupid question! With that in mind, I thought I would ask if anyone out in KahrTalkland might have one they might be willing to sell. Perhaps it just sits in your safe and rarely ... if ever ... sees the light of day. If so, I promise you I would give it a good home. PM me so we can talk in more detail.

Bawanna
02-10-2015, 05:32 PM
Well speaking as the resident expert on stupid specializing in stupid questions I shall address in stupid question even though I don't think it qualifys as a stupid question. I guess stupid is as stupid does or something like that, I'll have to ask Forest.

That being said, I don't think it is pre WWII but my mom has a PPK in her safe. I know it's German made and she's had it a long long time and won't part with it or hasn't so far.

I'll don't get over there often but when I do I'll see if I can take a gander at it and see.

I don't aim to get your hopes up cause I'm almost certain it too new to qualify.

In the mean time perhaps one of the smarter members not familiar with stupid questions can help you out.

Maybe one of the Zoot shooters has one.

I'll be on the lookout for ya.

RevRay
02-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Thank you very much, Colonel ... I appreciate it. And of course, if you say the question is ok ... then it must be ok. As for your mom's ppk, I might still be interested if it's a .32 acp and it doesn't have any import marks. I already have an imported Interarms .380 acp, but something closer to the original is better still.

AJBert
02-10-2015, 09:23 PM
If no one fesses up you might want to check Cabela's Gun Library online. You'd be amazed what Cabela's has in all of their libraries across the country and they will ship whatever you may be looking for to your local store, if you have one, to inspect before purchasing.

Heck, I'd even bet the Col.'s next six months of salary that they have one somewhere. If you don't find it online, call the nearest Cabela's to you and they can check the entire company's inventory as not all guns are listed online.

b4uqzme
02-10-2015, 09:23 PM
My BIL wanted one for years and one recently fell in his lap. His is a Civilian model from the beginning of the war I think. The story that came with it was that it was taken off a fallen German officer but there's no documentation of that. Makes sense as many of them carried personal weapons in the field. The moral of the story: be patient but keep your radar up.