PDA

View Full Version : CT380 Review Video is Up on YouTube

Ljutic
03-18-2015, 07:38 AM
Had a really strange Winter down here this year. We thought we would skate through unscathed, but got hammered in February so this review took longer than expected. We did have a few tee shirt days on the weekend so I managed to get it done last weekend. I'll finish up the review write up later this week or this weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dPDWVC1e14

muggsy
03-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Great review, Lunatic. (sp.) How'd ya get one that doesn't malfunction? I sent your vid to Jocko.He's gonna call you about shooting lessons. :D

SlowBurn
03-18-2015, 09:46 AM
Good video. I appreciate your reviews, especially ammo (which might not be as much fun as new guns) Any plans to review the new HST 380?

Bill K
03-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Liked your video. Very well done. I was particularly impressed with your grouping from the magazine of doom.

Video could be improved with better audio. Same with your Taurus Curve video that I just happened to watch earlier.

Ljutic
03-18-2015, 11:02 AM
Video could be improved with better audio. Same with your Taurus Curve video that I just happened to watch earlier.

Taurus Curve was a disaster. Everyone was pushing me to Blue Snowball, but neglected to tell me which Blue Snowball. Of course, I bought the wrong one. CT380 was done with the correct Blue Snowball.

Audio is a really big challenge and spending money isn't helping very much. Perhaps it could be better with additional time spent during production, but I have way too many hours invested by then. I appreciate the feedback and agree that aspect could be improved.

Ljutic
03-18-2015, 11:04 AM
Good video. I appreciate your reviews, especially ammo (which might not be as much fun as new guns) Any plans to review the new HST 380?

I won't say no to testing/reviewing HST 380, but it's not on my plan at the moment.

SlowBurn
03-18-2015, 11:26 AM
I won't say no to testing/reviewing HST 380, but it's not on my plan at the moment.

Hope you do, using the p380, because the HST 380 round is supposed to be made specifically for micros. Really like your ammo reviews. Less pompous and, I think, more reliable than some others.

wyntrout
03-18-2015, 11:29 AM
A great review of the pistol and the magazine upgrade. Great shooting, too, but could have included some CT-380 velocities, too. Keep up the good work.

Wynn :)

Ljutic
03-18-2015, 11:58 AM
A great review of the pistol and the magazine upgrade. Great shooting, too, but could have included some CT-380 velocities, too. Keep up the good work.

Wynn :)

Thanks Wynn. Here ya go. I walk a fine line with the YouTube audience. Most won't put up with too much technical detail, unless it's part of a review for something brand new and different than anything else on the market. I save the technical details for the blog. I don't think I've ever had a complaint about the blog being too long, or too detailed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/BDSBruce/Blog%20Photos%205/Velocity%20Tests_zpsak5s7dl4.jpg

Bill K
03-18-2015, 01:53 PM
Way more positives with your videos than negatives - keep them coming. Hope you're not upset with our minor criticisms.

Armybrat
03-18-2015, 02:29 PM
Excellent & informative review. Thank you for your professional work and for posting it here.

My CT380 had not one problem with the Remington FMJ or the Hornady CD, but would not run the WWB at all. I was using three of the 7 round factory mags. All locked back on the last round every time with the good ammo.

I may get some of those MagGut kits, but they seem kinda pricey.

Ljutic
03-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Way more positives with your videos than negatives - keep them coming. Hope you're not upset with our minor criticisms.

Not at all because I've grown so much by listening and fixing what I'm capable of changing. I just wish I could get the audio thing taken care of without spending a ton of money.

ReManG
03-19-2015, 07:36 AM
Thanks for another great review, will be watching for the full write up on the blog... (one of my favorite blogs...) It looks like the CT380 is the right size for a concealable, yet big enough to shoot easy .380.

franco45
03-24-2015, 05:43 PM
Great review. I have had no problems with any ammo in my CT380, although I haven't tried WWB. Keep up the good work.