PDA

View Full Version : My latest on plating issues

Redfish
07-08-2010, 11:46 PM
Those of you with barrels losing their plating might want to take a look at your striker. Replaced my PM40 barrell a couple of months ago. The fact that I'd never seen inside the slide and couldn't tell if it needed cleaning coupled with my affliction of needing to take things apart prompted me to open it. Striker was worse than the barrell. They didn't even ask to see it. Sent e-mail on Thursday night. Got response Friday am that it was being mailed. Got new striker Tuesday. And Monday was holiday. BTW, be careful where you do your disassembly and where you aim the back of the slide. The extractor spring WILL shoot the extension out of the back of the slide no matter what and the extractor will fall out the side.

deadhead1971
07-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Ok. I'll look.

I am not as concerned about that as I am about the barrel--which could cause feeding or accuracy issues.

Thanks for the notice.

Bawanna
07-09-2010, 10:10 AM
Those of you with barrels losing their plating might want to take a look at your striker. Replaced my PM40 barrell a couple of months ago. The fact that I'd never seen inside the slide and couldn't tell if it needed cleaning coupled with my affliction of needing to take things apart prompted me to open it. Striker was worse than the barrell. They didn't even ask to see it. Sent e-mail on Thursday night. Got response Friday am that it was being mailed. Got new striker Tuesday. And Monday was holiday. BTW, be careful where you do your disassembly and where you aim the back of the slide. The extractor spring WILL shoot the extension out of the back of the slide no matter what and the extractor will fall out the side.

Theres a thread in the tech section on how to utilize a coat hanger or wire to avoid the launch of mentioned pieces. They do indeed want to jump out at ya. The wire takes care of that nicely. A large freezer bag is always good when in doubt also.