PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 TP's

ndcarry
07-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Let me know if this has been previously discussed -

Any more detail about the upcoming Gen 2 guns anywhere? Wondering if I have a couple Kahrs in the carry rotation and wanted to go gen 2, possibly with Red Dot (have this on 3 M&P's but then you've got the thicker guns to contend with). Is the trigger going to be so different than the Gen 1 guns that the trigger press doesn't exactly carry over from say a PM9 to a Gen 2 gun?

Hope that makes sense.

John

ndcarry
07-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Did some looking around and sounds like the rumor is 30% less trigger travel, but as to how it compares I'll have to test one myself to find out.

Armybrat
07-29-2015, 07:43 PM
Hardly see any Kahrs around here even at the big box stores, much less a Gen2.

I'd like to handle one just for grins.

jocko
07-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Did some looking around and sounds like the rumor is 30% less trigger travel, but as to how it compares I'll have to test one myself to find out.

not sure about the percentage part but the strigger system in thge gen 2 is the same travel as in the kahrs with the external safety and enhance trigger. (1/4" travel, over standard K and all kahrs trigger travel of 3/8", so in essence ur get a 1/8" less trigger travel. I would say that put ther kahr trigger in the categoryt of the Glock trigger sytstems, only kahrs is 100% smooter out of the box than any Glock ever dreamed of.
I can say I just got y G43 back from Taran Tactical Innovations in komifornia and they installed the ghose connector and did an action job on my G43 and I can say that my groups tightenedup over 50% even. That little G43 is one accurate shooting SOB. I opnl;y wiosh I could shoot my PMJ9 as good as the G43 but I am dreaming to....

I have asked numerous dealers in this arera if they have the Gen 2 coming in and they look at me like I am stupid or sumpin...

b4uqzme
07-30-2015, 03:46 PM
I believe that the Gen2 will not have a manual safety either so the trigger has one of those Glock-like hinge safety thingys.

TheLastDaze
08-30-2015, 04:59 PM
I have asked numerous dealers in this arera if they have the Gen 2 coming in and they look at me like I am stupid or sumpin...

I don't think there is any one area you live, but rather reside upward somewhere in the clouds... :p

btw, love my G43, its a toss up in replacing the pm9 though... even if it did I'm keeping the pm9 but with the taron tactical plus 1 its no comparison using the kahr 7rd mag..... extends way to much

Alfonse
08-30-2015, 05:32 PM
There is more information on Kahr's page: http://www.kahr.com/gen2-premium.asp

They show all the models. TPs come in 5 inch or 6 inch barrels. There are also P series versions in .45, .40 and 9mm.

The P9 looks like it is meant to be a carry gun to me.

JasonVanHalen
12-09-2015, 10:53 AM
I wish they'd make a 460 Rowland conversion for one of these.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

jocko
12-09-2015, 12:01 PM
so typical of so many companies. They introduce a product that jis a prototype to get the publics feel for possale production. If people waited as long for this Ge 2 as it took from the day kahr introudced it, it might make them move up alittle faster. IMO no excuse for this long of a time, Either make it or get on with sumpin else. Just sayin. At first they showed the Gen 2 in the K series (all steel version) now we are seein it in the polmer version to..

JasonVanHalen
01-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Still no word on the new TP's? I am loving my CT 45 something crazy. I'm super interested in the new TP's.

leftysixty
01-08-2016, 07:37 PM
I'm way past tired of waiting on the Gen 2 guns, guess I'm gonna have ta buy a Glock!!

hardluk1
01-09-2016, 07:11 AM
No glock , try a sig p320 and get a better double stack .