PDA

View Full Version : New to Me K40

Ol'coot
07-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Today I picked up a Kahr K4043N in a trade and when I got it home and disassemble and cleaned it I am very happy indeed, The rails, barrel and gun overall look like new, no wear anywhere. I now can't wait to get it to the range this week end and see if it shoots as well as it looks, Next step is a set of the Wood Grips to really make for an attractive package. The night sights are dim but still function. I think it has been a safe Queen and shot very little although the serial number DF23XX indicates it was made in 1998.
:D

Kahr K4043N
http://www.photographicendeavors.com/img/s8/v10/p948379782-4.jpg

kpm9
07-19-2010, 08:38 PM
Beautiful piece. Enjoy and let me know how it shoots.

steve666
07-20-2010, 05:22 AM
That is exactly what I carry everyday, wood grips and all. I would get one of the stainless guide rods and put in a set of Wolff springs. They make it a treat to shoot. I use either CorBon 135 gr JHP or Remington Golden Saber 165 gr for my carry ammo and whatever FMJ ammo is cheap for most of my practice. I've never had a malfunction.:)

steve666
07-20-2010, 05:24 AM
Oh, and I use a Don Hume 421OT holster for most of my carry though occasionally I use a custom paddle holster.

jocko
07-20-2010, 09:59 AM
nice gun ol coot, u should really like shooting that little cannon. the all steel version just has to tame down that 40 cal alot. My K9 is just a super well made semi. Nice find to, age has nothibng on good stuff as u well know.

course u know if it wasmy K40 I would magna port it but in your case, I would go to wolffs and buy the 22# recoil springs as the K40 and K9 both come factory withthe 20# springs and I can understand that for the K9 but going to the 40 cal, I would think would justify heavier springs. Not sure I would not order the 22 and 24# springs and try um to see how it feels etc.

Course if I owned it, I would magna port it and stillgo with the 22 or 24# springs. probably would act like a K9!!!!!!!!

jlottmc
07-20-2010, 10:44 AM
That is one of my dream guns, and as soon as I can clear some shekels to fund one I WILL have one of my own. I like heavy springs in my guns, I think they help a bit when my chamber starts getting foul. As I have stated many other times, I could care less about the recoil. I also will not own a semi-auto in anything less than 40 nowadays. There may be a 9mm out there somewhere with my name on it, but not likely. My 22's and 357 are about the only exception. Again, well done.

Ol'coot
07-21-2010, 07:44 PM
I just returned from the range and my first outing with the K40, I put 100 rounds of Winchester white box 165gr FMJ through this gun and it functioned perfectly. I think I am going to really enjoy this gun. The recoil was heavier than my PM9 but still manageable. The trigger was very smooth with a crisp break and I was able to manage 3" to 4" groups at 25 ft but I was shooting a little low and to the left. I think I am going to keep this gun and take a serious look at having it mag-na-ported. The Mag-na-Port facility is only about 15 miles from where I work so I can drop it off and pick it up in person. I Love the look of the K40 with the checkered wood grips but the stock rubber grips sure feel good when shooting.

RogerP9fan
07-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Very nice. Those wood grips will look awesome.