PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out

lamppa
03-15-2016, 08:53 AM
I just started carrying out of my home.

Nobody can see it. It's crazy how this tiny cm9 just disappears in any clothing. The wife only knows when she touches it. She says that when I bend over and it prints, it just looks like a wrinkle in my shirt. She says she can't tell.
Took it to my first big event this weekend, a pancake feed. Tons of people. Nobody knows. The hardest part odd not touching it. I have to make sure I keep in mind to not touch it.
Even at work, nobody can see it. I replaced a ballast yesterday, arms over my head for a long time, room full of office people. Nobody even asked about the clips, much less the weapon.
Takes getting used to the fact that it is there.
I carry about 3:30, maybe 4:00.
The printing when I bend over is much less if I keep it moved forward. It's so thin you can't see it anyway, so I have it forward of where most people do. If I move it back, I don't sit comfortably.
Anyway, it's been a great 10 days so far.

lamppa
03-15-2016, 08:58 AM

berettabone
03-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Good for you.............................the more you carry, the more comfortable you will get. I carry my MK in a tuckable IWB holster, but mostly in my front pocket with a Desantis Nemesis. I live in an open carry state, so I don't worry about printing. You will find that most sheeple don't notice much of anything, much less a firearm stowed away. Too self absorbed...................................I notice.

Bawanna
03-15-2016, 09:44 AM
You alone will be the most obsessed as to weather others see it or not.

You absolutely correct in making your best effort not to touch it or adjust it where there's a chance anyone can see.

As Berettabone stated most wouldn't notice anyhow, but other people who do carry, probably more than you think can spot little movements and details that out you as a concealed carrier.

Little body actions speak volumes about people. Walking swinging just one arm is a good one.

I guess we're lucky those that would panic are so self absorbed.

muggsy
03-16-2016, 04:12 AM
Hell, I walk around with my fly open half of the time and only the women notice. Why is that? No one expects you to be carrying a gun and most people are oblivious to what's going on around them. Anymore, I consider my gun as just another thing that I won't leave home without. I've been carrying for years and to date no one has made me. Ya gotta be stealthy.

lamppa
03-16-2016, 09:51 AM
Met with the general manager for our weekly visit.
I got my new uniform today, it's a polo instead of work shirt. I knew he would be looking at the clothing since our was new. You can't see this weapon. It hides really well.
I hope things continue to go well.
I bought a Randall Barton for cheap on the bay. It's pretty awesome. I can't imagine finding a better one than this one. The cant is close and the leather is just the right stiffness.
Like I said,I hope it continues to go well.