PDA

View Full Version : Grip screws for the K9?

TheGreatGonzo
08-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Can anyone suggest a source for replacement grip screws for the Kahr K9? Stainless or hex head would be nice.
Gonzo

Bawanna
08-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Brownells I'm sure have screws that would work. I'm pretty sure they are the same thread as any 1911, so if you get the correct length or longer and shorten them up you'll be in good shape.
Kahr of course would have them also.
While I love hex grip screws but you need to dial down the bionic arm, they are awfully easy to apply to much torque too. The only other downfall is if your out someplace and find you need to remove a grip (probably never happen) you can always find a screw driver, sometimes a hex wrench not so much.

jlottmc
08-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Kahr uses 1911 grip screws among some other parts. Midway should have them also. Bawanna has a good point about the hex heads...

Steve-$
08-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I agree 100%.

I did have to file down 2 of my screws as they were a little too long and were affecting the release of the magazine.

After the adjustment all was good.

Bawanna
08-02-2010, 04:45 PM
:) WOW, that is kind of a good looking gun !

I'll give ya a dollar for it, cash money, U.S even. :D

Is the dollar all at once or did you want the easy squeezy payment plan?

It is a fine lookin gun for sure.

Steve-$
08-02-2010, 05:23 PM
:) WOW, that is kind of a good looking gun !

I'll give ya a dollar for it, cash money, U.S even. :D

I can't do that, but I will take one of these for it!
:)

Bawanna
08-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I'm thinkin so too. I think that Federal reserve written on there means something. Dont recollect I ever seen one in person. Probably had one and didn't know it.
Maybe like real gold in the fort that even the monkey can't flush.