PDA

View Full Version : CT9 Slide Release Issue?

Snyperx
11-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Picked up a CT9 a few weeks back at Cabela's. Came with 2 mags and a holster. I picked up a third mag separate. I was checking the functionality of the gun the other night. 2 of the mags when empty make it super hard to release the slide with one hand. The other mag lets me release the slide super easy. The mag in question is one that came with the gun when purchased. I know from reading the manual it states that making it difficult to release the slide on an empty mag is normal and part of the design. So since I have mag that allows me to easily release the slide do I then have an issue with the gun or mag? I looked at all 3 mags and can see no differences they all look identical. Hoping someone can chime in. Thanks.

Bawanna
11-29-2016, 09:01 AM
Check the mag spring in the one that's easy, might have got put together backwards?

gb6491
11-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Check the mag spring in the one that's easy, might have got put together backwards?
Yep, to what Bawanna speaks of. Here's how the spring should be oriented to the follower:
http://i62.tinypic.com/2uqj9mp.jpg
Regards,
Greg

yqtszhj
11-29-2016, 10:19 AM
Isn't this a normal condition? i think the manual mentions a stiff slide release on an empty mag. I may not be reading the question right.

Snyperx
11-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Isn't this a normal condition? i think the manual mentions a stiff slide release on an empty mag. I may not be reading the question right.

Correct, I have a mag that is NOT making the slide release stiff on empty mag. I can release the slide with just a tap of my thumb.

Snyperx
11-30-2016, 07:15 AM
So took the mag apart last night and it was assembled correctly. In checking over the mags again, it seems the little pin that is built into the follower on the bad mag is not seating high enough in the mag well. This is allowing the slide to release easily. Might just be I got a slightly off magazine.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Snyperx
12-01-2016, 11:58 AM
Kahr is going to be sending out a new follower. I am going to try and swap it out. If that does not resolve the slide release issue I am going to send the magazine to Kahr. They told me 2 week turnaround for a magazine exchange. WTF??