PDA

View Full Version : PM .45 Problems

jfmay
09-28-2009, 05:09 PM
I was having problems with my brand new PM 45: Spent casings ejecting into my eyes and face and after empting a mag the slide would stay open as it's supposed to but when I inserted the new mag the slide would slam fwd. From what I understand about Kahrs the slide should not release forward?

Sent the pistol back a few weeks ago and the replaced the extractor and ejector with custom parts (to accomodade me being left handed). Worked well for about 100 rds now shooting brass right back in my eyes. Also, the slide is slaming fwd again when I insert a new mag. Anyone have these problems?

This weapon was going to be my carry piece but I have some real concerns at this point. BTW...about 500+ rds fired.:confused:

WMD
10-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Just browsing the forum and saw your post.

That's weird. Why would it work OK for 100 rounds then start to eject back in your face? Have you given it a thorough cleaning? Pay particular attention to the inside of the extractor claw. Sometimes you can get a powder build up in that area. Not sure that would cause the problem you are having but it seems strange how the problem reappeared after 100 rounds. Another thing might be the recoil spring losing some tension. I admit I am guessing on this but perhaps, you may want to call Kahr and ask for a new recoil spring. I would guess they may send one to you for no charge.

Certainly something to try. I know being a lefty is tough. Not many manufactures I am aware of cater to the left hand community.
Good luck and keep us posted

Pender1
10-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I think you should send it back to kahr again. Mine had srings and barrel replace and has fired flawlessly since.

jocko
10-21-2009, 04:04 PM
if ur left handed, expect some of this to happen. I am a lefty and my G19 bounces them off my head every once in awhile also. My PM9 for some reason does not but my K9 does. Lefty's are at a disadvantage in shooting a semi. Some times it can be the ammo u are shooting that can cause it even magnify more than normal. and recoil spring changes can help indeed.

As far as the slide going back into battery upon insertion of a loaded magazine. If you slam hard it will do it. I have azero issues with my PM9 and I have 25,000 rounds through it, but if I slam the magazie home it will close every time. Again i see no issues here either, it does not effect reliability or functining. My G19 I can do it every time if I slam the magazine home. Insert properly and you should be ok,otherwise, again what is the big deal ??????