PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Cm9 With CT

Papa13
01-29-2017, 01:35 PM
General question, do you remove the CT each time you clean the gun? I know directions state remove them but was wondering. Just got a set for my CM9. Thanks!!

CharlieR
01-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Why would you remove it? Unless you are using a ultrasonic immersion cleaner, I see no reason to remove it.

Bawanna
01-29-2017, 03:13 PM
I had to ponder a spell on what a CT might be then it hit me like an 8# sledge right on the noggin.

I had one on my PM45. I never took it off for cleaning ever. It should go right back to zero but I'd not take the chance.
Unless your dipping it like Charlie suggested I'd leave it in place. I'd not dip either myself but that just my style.

I took mine off. I loved the laser and it was great for practice but I just didn't care for the look of it.

I should either put it back on or find a new home for it. I think I also need a battery for it now that I think on it some.

yqtszhj
01-29-2017, 03:25 PM
I have them on a couple of my guns and I almost never take them off. One thing I do though is use a dry Q-tip to clean the lens part of the laser. It does get smoked up during shooting and over time the light level gets dimmer.

Papa13
01-29-2017, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I didn't see much reason to take off either, so will be leaving on for regular cleaning etc. Again Thanks for the info!!