PDA

View Full Version : PM9 and pocket carry

MichSteve
08-13-2010, 03:21 PM
I have a PM9 and a Desanti Nemesis pocket holster and a Uncle Mike's size4 that I carry. Some pockets are just to small for either.

Is there a better smaller holster someone is using that works better. The reason I ask is that I also pocket carry my Ruger LCP and really there is not that much difference in the size of the two guns, yet the Ruger seems to fit when the PM9 is a little big.

I also have a High Noon "Hidden Alley" tuckable holster, I have used it for appendix carry. I would consider other IWB.

Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks

jocko
08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
I carry my pM9 in a desantis and I wear tight fittng jeans and other than not a fast draw area. I have no problems front pocket carrying my PM9. I have tried numerous high quality high dollar leather pocket hoslters but just keep coming back to the desantis due to its comfort and conformity to my body...

hedgehog
08-13-2010, 04:01 PM
i have a slight issue with the desantis, it has a seam along the top that the sights can snag on, anyone else have that issue ?

jocko
08-13-2010, 04:02 PM
nope!! My rear sight on my PM9 is not inside that seam even, now the front sight which Ihav ethe xs big dot sight, seems to just ride right up that seam with no bother at all. Mine does not catch anywhere. the desantis is certainly not a fast draw rig either but it does a great job of protecting the trigger area and just comforms so nicely to. course mine is about 3 years old, so it is softer than a baby's butt..

jreXD9
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM
for pocket carry I use the DeSantis Nemesis Superfly. the adjustable flap reduces printing to just about ZERO, though it DOES make it a hair thicker.

MichSteve
08-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I was reading where a guy used a piece of cardboard and folded it over and said it made one the best holsters he had had. The uncle mike's #4 is made that way by just folding over a piece of material and stitching it.

OldLincoln
08-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I was reading where a guy used a piece of cardboard and folded it over and said it made one the best holsters he had had. The uncle mike's #4 is made that way by just folding over a piece of material and stitching it.I have to laugh because that's exactly what I did until I got a pocket holster.

http://kahrtalk.com/members/oldlincoln-albums-oldlincolns-pm9-picture315-cardboard-holster-1.jpg

http://kahrtalk.com/members/oldlincoln-albums-oldlincolns-pm9-picture316-cardboard-holster-2.jpg

It's about as hokey as you can get but I wanted to carry it and had to cover the trigger. I now have a Nemesis for pocket but mostly use the Silent Thunder.

wyntrout
08-13-2010, 05:47 PM
Hey, you can "dress it up" a bit on the inside with Dr. Scholl's Moleskin... cut down on the wear a little.
In fact, that just gave me an idea about my MiniTucks... trying the moleskin on the body side of the holster to keep it from sliding down so much. I'm not sure how well the adhesive will work on leather, though. I was using some heavy duty 3M double-sided tape to hold a piece of inner tube in place.
Wynn:D

MichSteve
08-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Hey you could of saved your time and money and just used a McDonald's french fry card board container. There might even be enough room for and extra magazine if you super size it.

rnpollard
08-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Galco PH460 for the PM9 and my old Colt Pony PH for my P380.

I prefer carrying the PM9 or my PM45 IWB and the P380 in the support side pocket.

Lobo_79
09-15-2010, 05:57 AM
I have to laugh because that's exactly what I did until I got a pocket holster.

http://kahrtalk.com/members/oldlincoln-albums-oldlincolns-pm9-picture315-cardboard-holster-1.jpg

This is hilarious, and yet it inspires me. I run an engineering department and sometimes I sponsor "design challenges" as a form of stress relief. You've suddenly given me some new ideas.