PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid holster for $35

OldFaithfulHolsters
08-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Hello,

I am the owner of Old Faithful Holsters. If I am not allowed to post this, I apologize and I will delete this post. I am now making holsters for the CW Kahrs. They are $34.95 and very nice sturdy holsters. I also sell kits for $19.95 if you are handy and would like to make your own. I don't have any pictures of a holster with a Kahr in it yet, but here is a pic with an XD.

http://www.oldfaithfulholsters.com/images/holsters/holster_wh_bkgnd_with_gun_medium.jpg

Regards,
Thomas
Old Faithful Holsters (http://www.OldFaithfulHolsters.com)

rholmes69
08-17-2010, 08:01 AM
Nice, thanks for expanding the accessory line for our pistols. It is always cool to see someone else offer a product at a fair price. Good luck in your sales.

OldFaithfulHolsters
08-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Good luck in your sales.

Thank you. If anyone has any questions, please let me know.

hedgehog
09-06-2010, 08:59 AM
looks nice ! why the exposed muzzle though?

OldFaithfulHolsters
09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
looks nice ! why the exposed muzzle though?

To allow for a longer barrel. Someone could use it for more than one pistol. The leather behind the barrel covers everything.

recoilguy
09-08-2010, 07:59 AM
The $7.99 shipping per item, is that per item? or if you buy a holdster and a kit does 7.99 cover it all?

RCG

frank_drebin
09-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Very nice. I may hit you up for a G23 & a CW40 holster in a few weeks.

OldFaithfulHolsters
09-15-2010, 06:29 AM
The $7.99 shipping per item, is that per item? or if you buy a holdster and a kit does 7.99 cover it all?

RCG

If you want to buy both send me an email and I'll set up a combined shipping on the website for you.

deadhead1971
09-15-2010, 08:32 AM
I have 3 questions.

1) That holster appears to be the kind I can put on inside the waist and wear with a tucked in shirt. is that right? I do not wear shirts untucked and need something inside the waist band to wear with a tucked in shirt. I pocket carry in summer but in the winter time, it's too hard to pocket carry with blue jean pants.

2) I bought a Fobus paddle holster and hated it. The holster was plastic and was too tight a fit. There were no adjustments to loosen it up. I put my PM9 in it, and I literally had to pry it out with 2 hands, and it put a nice scratch across the polymer frame because of the tight fit. What kind of fit do these have?

3) Fit a PM9 with a Crimson trace ? I assume no.

I have a pocket holster but am interested in some IWB options for winter. Thanks

recoilguy
09-15-2010, 12:30 PM
The holster here on his site can be worn in the waist band with a shirt tucked in. Thats what they are made for. It shoud hold the gun tight and it will hide very well.

There is no comparison in the design of this holster and the Fobus paddle one. The Fobus is not the best to compare anyone too. The design this guy has incorporated allows for tension adjustment. I am really impresssed with the design he has the tabs and adjustment screws are a real good advantage.

He does not list the PM with Crimson Trace as an option however. It would be a great option to offer as alot of folks equip their Kahrs with CT

RCG

deadhead1971
09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I kinda want one.

flinch
09-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Any for the Kahr T9?

Zackintosh
09-15-2010, 05:34 PM
I placed my order this morning for my PM9. Thomas is good communicating and gets back to emails fast. I'm hoping this will be a nice little gem.

OldFaithfulHolsters
09-19-2010, 05:20 PM
I have 3 questions.

1) That holster appears to be the kind I can put on inside the waist and wear with a tucked in shirt. is that right? I do not wear shirts untucked and need something inside the waist band to wear with a tucked in shirt. I pocket carry in summer but in the winter time, it's too hard to pocket carry with blue jean pants.

2) I bought a Fobus paddle holster and hated it. The holster was plastic and was too tight a fit. There were no adjustments to loosen it up. I put my PM9 in it, and I literally had to pry it out with 2 hands, and it put a nice scratch across the polymer frame because of the tight fit. What kind of fit do these have?

3) Fit a PM9 with a Crimson trace ? I assume no.

I have a pocket holster but am interested in some IWB options for winter. Thanks

1.) Yes, your shirt tucks in behind the clips.

2.) There are tension screws that hold the Kydex to the leather that will allow you to loosen/tighten the tension to your preference. You may also adjust the clips up/down to change the ride height and cant.

3.) Sorry, but I do not have a crimson trace to make a mold with.

OldFaithfulHolsters
09-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Any for the Kahr T9?

Sorry buddy, no can do.

foxmoor
09-23-2010, 10:22 AM
I like the look of these holsters and have a Kahr P9. I believe this gun is the same size as the CW9 for which the holster is designed. Is that indeed the case? Thanks in advance!

Kent in Michigan

OldFaithfulHolsters
09-23-2010, 01:24 PM
I like the look of these holsters and have a Kahr P9. I believe this gun is the same size as the CW9 for which the holster is designed. Is that indeed the case? Thanks in advance!

Kent in Michigan

Yes, they're very close and fit interchangeably. If I ever sell a holster that doesn't fit (I hope that never happens) I will gladly give a full refund. I don't want that kind of bad pr out there.

Pender1
09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
any chance you could put up some pictures from different angles? I have a similar looking holster from Comp-Tac and want to compare the two. I'd like to get one for my P380 but don't want to spend $60 because I'm not going to carry it much.

OldFaithfulHolsters
10-09-2010, 07:25 PM
any chance you could put up some pictures from different angles? I have a similar looking holster from Comp-Tac and want to compare the two. I'd like to get one for my P380 but don't want to spend $60 because I'm not going to carry it much.

I know it's not a Kahr, but it is a picture I have handy.

http://www.oldfaithfulholsters.com//images/holsters/018.jpg

http://www.oldfaithfulholsters.com//images/holsters/019.jpg

phred
10-17-2010, 06:33 PM
Your website has the price of $44.95 Is there a code or something to get the $34.95 price listed here?

Pender1
10-18-2010, 08:04 AM
Your website has the price of $44.95 Is there a code or something to get the $34.95 price listed here?

I think his prices are just higher now

OldFaithfulHolsters
10-22-2010, 01:02 PM

I was having a real hard time getting consistent leather from my supplier so I had to switch. Some of there hides were so bad that I had to waste large portions of them. My new supplier is providing me with a more consistent product, but they have higher prices so I had to raise my prices some. That being said, I'll sell you guys a holster at the old price for a few weeks if you want one. That'll give everyone a chance to get their order in at the price I advertised. I have a link with the old prices, so if you want one send me a message and I will email you the link.

phred
10-22-2010, 03:47 PM
Email sent.

harbinger007
10-24-2010, 07:43 PM
PM sent yesterday

OldFaithfulHolsters
11-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, I've set up a coupon for you. Use coupon code "kahr" at checkout and a $10 discount will be applied, which will take the price down to $34.95. Thanks.

recoilguy
11-19-2010, 09:17 AM
I have bought from Old Faithful......And I will again.......very fast delivery very good customer service very tolerant of silly questions. Very High quality goods. Now for 35 bucks you can't beat the deal!!!!!!!!

This product has a RCG recomendation...............which is actually not worth much except I do know quality products and great customer service when I see them.

RCG

jeepster09
11-19-2010, 12:59 PM
You should become a sponser instead of selling this way. It is not really fair to Crossbreed.:59: Or put ad in classified section.

Kahrcw9
02-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I just bought one of these old faithful holsters in my quest to find something comfortable.. Lots of people rava bout the crossbreed holsters and these are close with smaller less visible clips and a little more adjustment.. I decided to try it out.. Came quickly in the mail.. I think it may have taken slightly over a week from the purchase.. Upon inspection it was perfect.. Seems to be well made and looks good.. Let me say I am a complete newbie to the concealed carry world.. I have a Desantis tuck this 2 that is comfortable, but I feel like it does not hide the handle lines well enough. I tried this.. well made and seems to be comfortable.. My only thing is it seems like a lot of "stuff" to tuck inside your belt.. I am looking for some things to try.. I tried it from 3 - 5 o'clock and just couldn't find somewhere that was comfortable and the handle didn't stick out.. I am a fairly skinny guy 5' 8" 160 pounds, but have a little bit of the love handles.. I am working on getting rid of them but beer tastes so good.. So basically to those of you who wear these.. Is there a break in time? Should it sit lower if I am having problems with the handle printing, or higher? More or less cant?.. It looks like its about 15 deg right now..

I want to like this holster as it was a good price and seems very very well made.. I am very picky and just haven't found anything yet that I think is comfortable and hides well enough.

Old Faitful Holsters --> Thank you for a good product.. This is in no way meant to put down your holsters.. It is just me looking for suggestions on how to make them more comfortable/hidden..

jtcron
02-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I'm waiting on mine... I'm thinking from the looks of it I may end up cutting the leather at the top of the holster to make the profile more like supertuck with a combat cut. Might help in getting the handle of my CW wedged in under the ol love handle...

Kahrcw9
02-11-2011, 11:40 AM
The handle of my cw just never seems to stay close to my body with any of the two I have tried.. It always seems to point away just enough that if I bend at all it is pretty obvious I am carrying.. I would have less problem with this if I could carry it at 3:00 but then it makes me look like my right side is 2 inches wider then may left. And I don't like the feel of it at 3:00..

Also I could but a decent amount off the bottom as it covers below the end of the barrel and then some.. I do really like this holster I just need to figure out how to get it to fit comfortably.. well get any of them to fit comfortably.

Rotorflyr
02-12-2011, 02:47 AM
Kahrcw9,

As you are a newbie to carry I'll point out that YOU are going to notice the "print" of the gun/holster a whole lot more then anyone around you. Most people are oblivious as to what is going on around them as it is.

Having said that, no single holster will work for everyone no matter how good it is. This is why most people end up with a drawer/box full of holsters over time.

I have a similar holster to OFH's made by Kholster. Though I haven't worn it often as the gun it's for isn't something I'm ready to carry on a regular basis. The little I've used it, I've found it works ok, still getting used to though as I've always used all leather holsters prior.

My next holster will probably be all kydex (unless I decide to go with a Silent Thunder which is kydex outter lined with leather), but may also pick up one of OFH's kits to play around with as I like checking out different options.

As for where to place the holster, you might try "appendix" carry (roughly the 1-2 o'clock position) with little to no cant and see if that works for you. Otherwise try behind the point of your hip again, and give yourself a little more time to get used to the feel of it being there.

OldFaithfulHolsters
03-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Kahrcw9, you may want to try lowering or raising the ride height so that the handle hides better. I have some pistols that I wear very close to the belt and a couple others that I have set up higher in order to reduce the print.

If you think it'll end up in a drawer, please send it back to me and I'll get a refund to you. That's the last place I ever wish one of my holsters to be. :)

Kahrcw9
03-15-2011, 08:25 AM
I don't want a refund. You provided a great holster at a good price.. Just because it may not be the one I ended up using doesn't mean I feel like I should get a refund. I also cut the leather below the barrel a little bit since it extended about an inch and a half lower than the barrel and didn't feel comfortable that way. It is definitely sturdy and well made.. I was playing with it again the other day.. maybe once it breaks in a little it will be better. If I knew I wasn't going to be sitting down much and wasn't completely worried about it showing a little I would definitely use this over my desantis one. It is much more secure and stable.

mp95b
03-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Hi Tom, Great Looking Holster! How About A Left Hander?

Fedor
03-20-2011, 07:30 PM
What is your turn around time right time right now?

OldFaithfulHolsters
05-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Tom, Great Looking Holster! How About A Left Hander?

Yes, I do lefty's. They're listed on the site.

OldFaithfulHolsters
05-05-2011, 12:18 PM
What is your turn around time right time right now?

About one week. :)

Thunder71
05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Any plans to add the XDM lineup to the mix?

OldFaithfulHolsters
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Any plans to add the XDM lineup to the mix?

I do the XD, but I can't get an XDM mold yet.

OldFaithfulHolsters
05-17-2011, 08:10 PM
I do the XD, but I can't get an XDM mold yet.

I now have the XDM mold.

Thunder71
05-17-2011, 08:56 PM
Thanks for the update!

phattony
05-20-2011, 05:12 AM
I purchased a holster and a kit from Thomas. Awesome quality product. A little more than 1 week turn-around. My only complaint is that the dyed leather is a little rough on the hip without a t-shirt behind it. I am sure that it will soften up after time though.
The kit was easy to make. I watched the video on his site a few times. Took me longer to make the cut-out and press than it did for the holster itself.
I will definately be ordering from him again.

OldFaithfulHolsters
05-29-2011, 04:09 PM
I purchased a holster and a kit from Thomas. Awesome quality product. A little more than 1 week turn-around. My only complaint is that the dyed leather is a little rough on the hip without a t-shirt behind it. I am sure that it will soften up after time though.
The kit was easy to make. I watched the video on his site a few times. Took me longer to make the cut-out and press than it did for the holster itself.
I will definately be ordering from him again.

I agree about the dye. I was dying the leather myself and the sealer was stiffening up the leather a bit. I have switched to drum dyed leather now, though. It costs me more, but it's worth it and I don't have to dye it myself.