PDA

View Full Version : Range report on 22 conversion

mrsig239
08-18-2010, 08:50 AM
Finally got to take the kimber 22 conversion out today. As long as I loaded it with 8 rounds not 10 it shot great. Put around 400 thru it. Shoots right to point of aim. The only troubling thing I had today was I shot better lefty then I did right. Maybe I need to start being left handed.

mr surveyor
10-01-2010, 04:44 PM
I popped a buddy's Kimber 22 cal upper on my Stainless Compact at the range one day to try it out. I was impressed with the overall function, but just can't justify the $300+ investment. The aluminum slide and lighter weight barrel really don't make my Kimber feel "the same". Actually, my Ruger 22/45 bull barrel feels closer to the stock Kimber than the Kimber with the conversion upper. But..... I still would love to have the Kiber 22 upper:D

If it were me, I would leave the mags topped off between range trips to season the springs. Might just fix the 10 round vs 8 round problem.

I'll give you a hundred dollar bill for the whole kit, sight unseen:)

surv

Bawanna
10-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I saw a Colt 22 conversion kit this morning at a gun show, I was kind of jazzed until I noticed the guy wanted 600 bucks for it. I nearly fell out of my chair. (wow you guys can't say that too much huh?).
It wasn't even in perfect condition.

Ljutic
12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
After shooting the CZ 75 Kadet and Advantage Arms Glock conversions, I'm totally sold on these kits. I'm actually shopping a Kimber kit for my 1911 right now. Some sweet prices can be found on Gun Broker.