PDA

View Full Version : newb looking for a holster

f44life
08-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Well i know i dont want a pocket carry one because i have keys in one and a cell phone in the other pocket. So iwb is the only way ill be able to carry. I know there are a bunch of holsters and I dont want to buy 5 different ones to find the right one for me. As long as its comfortable, easily concealable I can learn to like it since i have never own a holster.

So in your opinion what do you feel is the best holster and or what most people wear that carry 24/7?

i appreciate it.

Dietrich
08-22-2010, 07:37 AM
In my opinion,you can`t beat Crossbreed holsters for IWB.I own 4 supertucks for a Glock 19,a Glock 36,a S&W 642 and a Browning Hi Power. I also own a Crossbreed minituck for my PM9.I`ve tried several different holsters and the Crossbreed served my needs the best.Very comfortable and concealable.Put one on and you`ll soon forget that it`s there.Hope that this is of some help.

rickmn50
08-22-2010, 07:47 AM
Well i know i dont want a pocket carry one because i have keys in one and a cell phone in the other pocket. So iwb is the only way ill be able to carry. I know there are a bunch of holsters and I dont want to buy 5 different ones to find the right one for me. As long as its comfortable, easily concealable I can learn to like it since i have never own a holster.

So in your opinion what do you feel is the best holster and or what most people wear that carry 24/7?

i appreciate it.

There really isn't one good answer. Depends on body type, where you want to carry, how much you want to spend, etc. I carry both revolver and autos IWB. I own a couple Cross Breed's, a Kholster and a Minataur for my CW9. Couple examples below. Good luck. There are a ton of choices and will be as many opinions. At the end of the day it has to be what is right for you. Probably going to take more than a single purchase unless you have a gun buddies that will let you try their rigs out.

f44life
08-22-2010, 07:58 AM
im 6'1" 185lbs, whats the diff between the the supertuck and mini tuck crossbreed i havent figured that out...Sorry if thats a dum question or the kahr pm9 version is only in mini tuck? thanks for the comments

Bawanna
08-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm not an authority on Crossbreed but all you hear is good stuff about them. Another option is PM our very own rpollard right here. He makes a really nice IWB for lunch money. It would be an excellent start to see if thats the style and way you want to carry.
My minds slipping but seems like he was getting less than 40 bucks for em. I know he's going to school again and time might be an issue but still making them far as I know. Good guy, good rig, and he'll work with you if you need something a bit tweaked.

Dietrich
08-22-2010, 11:37 AM
im 6'1" 185lbs, whats the diff between the the supertuck and mini tuck crossbreed i havent figured that out...Sorry if thats a dum question or the kahr pm9 version is only in mini tuck? thanks for the comments
The minituck is just a smaller version of the supertuck. You don`t really need a full sized holster for the PM9.The minituck is even more comfortable than the supertuck because of its`lack of size.

wyntrout
08-22-2010, 11:48 AM
I bought a MiniTuck in Horsehide (better if you sweat) specifically for my PM9 and I found to my delight that it will hold my K9, PM9, AND my PM45. The Kydex fits all and the leather gives enough on the body side, with tension provided by pants and belt tightness.
Not wearing it, the K9 was a tiny bit looser and the PM45 a tiny bit tighter, but when worn it's secure with the pants and belt providing more retention.
Wynn:)

f44life
08-22-2010, 12:12 PM
sounds like ill try a mini tuck first and see how it goes

wyntrout
08-22-2010, 12:58 PM
Check the FAQ's there for discounts... LE, Mil, & current NRA members -10%.
Wynn:)

poppop
08-22-2010, 01:39 PM
I have just lost 70 pounds since Jan. I Pocket Carry 24/7. I use a Desantsis, Nemisis for both Kahrs and a Taurus 7 shot Revolver. Works well but I would like to free up my pockets.

I have tried IWB carry twice now. Once before weight loss and then after. It just don't work for me. I tried a Galco, Skyops Holster yesterday. I have both a kahr PM 40 and a P 9. Both have crimson trace lasers on them. The holster fits both handguns, safely enough, including the Crimson Trace.

The holster I purchased is for a Glock 26 but it was the only one that would accomidate the Crimson Trace laser. It is just a little wider at the muzzel end. The pistols fit securly and safely. Retention is sufficent.

It looks like I have a rock inside my trousers on my strong side. Appendix and cross draw are very uncomfortable when sitting. So is in the small of the back.

The only thing that has worked for me is Pocket Carry and Smart Carry, which is for deep concealment. The others are just not working for me.

I would gladly buy a mini tuck, if it would work, but just know it won't.

rholmes69
08-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I'll throw my hat in the ring for rpollard here too. I took a lot of pics of his rig and you can see them under holsters. Do a search on that sub-forum, this is pretty well covered and there is an abundance of opinion and pics and "testing" to help make the decision easier.

kramm
08-23-2010, 07:16 AM
i've bought some real nice holsters that work fine but I ended up useing a Ace case. They are small,light and leather. Just got one for my
eaa zastavia m88a. I had'nt been carrying it because a holster to fit it was hard to find. As was mentioned before a Holster a individual thing .

TD2K
08-23-2010, 09:37 AM
from another thread:

I made a thread just for these holsters, but here's what I use for my P380

I bought a WRB Shirt Tuckable hoster for my P380 a few months ago at the Wannemachershow in Tulsa. Picked up one for my MK9 at a local gun store yesterday. Very comfortable, NOT bulky (I didn't have to buy bigger pants just for my gun!), and, unlike leather, sweat doesn't hurt it (weather gets pretty muggy here in OK).

In The Pants Holster / Under Shirt (http://www.wrbsales.com/inpahounsh.html)

I believe I bought a size 2A. It sits down pretty far inside the holster, but that's what I prefer.

pics of the MK9 in holster. I believe I bought a size 4-3.5. (I thought the 4-3 was a little snug)

deadhead1971
08-23-2010, 10:33 AM
For me, I do not wear untucked shirts so pocket carry is my option.

My cell phone is on a case clipped to my belt.

I use a Blackhawk #4 pocket stuffer holster--also fits crimson trace LG 437.

OldLincoln
08-23-2010, 11:15 AM
Now that you've heard from the others, take a look at the Tucker Silent Thunder. It's Kydex exterior lined in a soft leather to protect the finish better than Kydex alone. It comes up in the back as a body shield that blocks sweat and is neutral to cool to the bare skin. The cant is adjustable as is the height to the belt. The single belt clip is perfect for most lighter guns, such as my PM9, but also for heavier guns such as my Colt 1911.

Check out my signature links to learn more and see the great pics.

f44life
08-23-2010, 07:08 PM
okay thanks guys...all take all into consideration