PDA

View Full Version : Which parts are "drop-in" on a Kahr?

oldtex
08-27-2010, 07:47 AM
A thread by at liberty got me to thinking about this issue of parts that need to be fitted to work right versus those that can just be installed into the gun and will function correctly without modification.

Some pistol designs are such that many of their parts require fitting. Others are entirely or almost entirely "drop-in". As examples, many parts on currently-available 1911s often require fitting to function correctly(extractors, thumb safeties, sears, ejectors, links, slide stops, disconnectors, etc), but Glock parts are entirely or almost-entirely drop-in.

Anyone here know which parts (other than springs) on a Kahr are drop-in and which would require fitting?

jocko
08-27-2010, 09:22 AM
everything in the slide itself is a drop in, the lower section would require dissasembly of normally the trigger pin which is not advisable to do IMO. I don't know of any parts on a kahr that actually need fitting, even the lower section if you take it all the way down, u can just replace new parts and be done with it. Unless something breaks on the lower section, there is no need to replace. I don't see anything "wearing" out.

wyntrout
08-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Slide
$145.20
This part is factory-fitted on an exchange basis only.

They keep your old slide, I guess, and maybe swap out parts?

Wynn:)

jocko
08-28-2010, 01:07 AM
I think one can buy a slide and the black rose slide only with out sending in the entire gun.

Seahawk60
08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
Slide
$145.20
This part is factory-fitted on an exchange basis only.

They keep your old slide, I guess, and maybe swap out parts?

Wynn:)

I find this policy to be ridiculous. That kind of price without some "turn in" discount for the old one? Sorry, looks like full price to me. Glock replacement slides are only $150-200, depending on if they're aftermarket. Like it or not, the Kahr slide is 90%+ exactly the same design so there is NO justification for that kind of price and requiring you to surrender your old slide. What if you just want a spare?

I wonder what they do with the, obviously, non-serial numbered slides that are sent in for exchange. Hmmm... :rolleyes: