PDA

View Full Version : CM 9 magazine release probblem

cardguy
06-14-2018, 07:53 AM
I recently bought a new CM 9 and from the start the magazine release will barely release the magazine. What's the best fix for this annoying problem?

bugs
06-14-2018, 11:48 AM
I did the following to get relief from the same issue; polished the snot out of the mag bodies with 600 then 900 grit paper, polished w/ Flitz, include the notch in the mag body engaged by the mag release, drilled/taped release button for a 8/32 sight base screw for button extension. these were competition driven mods that have proven themselves in matches and EDC. mags drop like they were shot (pun?) and no clearance problems with PJ's IWB or freestyle,strong/weak hand shooting.
I would do the same mods if I ever get another CM9

NRA LIFER
IDPA BELEIVER

Bawanna
06-14-2018, 12:27 PM
If it's the drop that's lagging as bugs mentioned, sometimes just gently squeezing the mag up top near the feed lips helps. Just a tiny bit.
I usually polish the mags as well and was them with car paste wax occasionally.

If it's the mag release button itself, adding to the release would help or you might check for roughness on the spring or mag cut outs.

cardguy
06-14-2018, 12:50 PM
Thanks friends I'll take your advice starting with the polish job.

skiflydive
06-14-2018, 01:58 PM
This fix helped mine: http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?12056-Squeezing-9mm-mags Polished and waxed the magazines and Bob's yer uncle.

cardguy
06-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Linky no open.

skiflydive
06-15-2018, 06:39 AM
Linky no open.

Does here... Copy and paste to Google I guess. It's essentially about squeezing the mag lips a few thousandths. I used a small woodworking clamp.