PDA

View Full Version : question for veteran Kahr Owners...

hedgehog
08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
So i was thinking we could make a "sticky" type thread of how to take care of your kahr pistol, in terms of reliability, accuracy, recommended cleaning/lubrication, and most important what NOT to do, such as things I've heard like inserting the slide stop pin incorrectly, etc

what do you guys think?

Bawanna
08-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I like it. Might be easiest to add to the proper prep or your new Kahr thread which apparently hasn't reached sticky status, I know not why.
The lube chart thread is already in place and very good.
A sub section under the proper prep would keep everything together and convenient.

Maybe everyone contribute ideas or suggestions and compile them in some sort of organized fashion? I suspect if we do the add on route Jocko would have to do the modification which would be alot of work for him or perhaps the mods could help. Can't mess with another mans thread in these parts.

Maybe a separate thread and somehow add the other 2 threads as a 3 part deal?????? Just typing out loud.........

jlottmc
08-30-2010, 01:33 PM
That could work, no idea/time to do this here though.

Seahawk60
08-30-2010, 05:24 PM
I just clean, lube and shoot my 5 year old PM9 with thousands of rounds on the clock. That gun has never given me any problems. It's a snap to field strip, so I really can't think of any "tips" to not screw it up. I use liquid Breakfree (not the aerosol) and a VERY small film of Militec grease on the slide rails. Other than a spring/recoil guide rod assembly (got from Kahr for free) at the 2000+ round mark, I haven't done a thing to it. No need to...