PDA

View Full Version : T9 Barrel and Size

chengpu42
04-04-2019, 01:34 AM
So i was looking at the T9 and i was surprised to see that it has a 4" barrel in a 6.5" gun. My Shield is 6.1" and has a 3.1" barrel and my Sig P320 is 7.2" and it has a 3.9" barrel. I was really looking at a 4" 1911 and they come in around 7.6" to 7.75" in length. How do they get a 4" barrel in that little gun? Do they fudge measuring as a marketing ploy when in fact it is actually smaller.

My question is does the T9 shoot like a larger/longer gun and handle about the same? There is a world of difference when i shoot my Shield back to back with my Sig. The T9 has more mass and a slightly longer barrel than the p320 so i feel like it would shoot the same or better. I love the idea of something about the same size as my Shield but shoots like my Sig in the terms of recoil and muzzle flip.

They seem to be super hard to find it but a local shop actually has access to one the new polished stainless with the front strap checkering (just one) from a nearby distributor $824. I am always hesitant to buy a firearm blind and not able put put my hands on it first especially with a DAO trigger that i have never felt.

Looking around the internet it looks like alot of people say it doesn't really fit a niche. But to me it looks like a perfect carry gun.

MMyers1970
04-04-2019, 04:10 AM
So i was looking at the T9 and i was surprised to see that it has a 4" barrel in a 6.5" gun. My Shield is 6.1" and has a 3.1" barrel and my Sig P320 is 7.2" and it has a 3.9" barrel. I was really looking at a 4" 1911 and they come in around 7.6" to 7.75" in length. How do they get a 4" barrel in that little gun? Do they fudge measuring as a marketing ploy when in fact it is actually smaller.

My question is does the T9 shoot like a larger/longer gun and handle about the same? There is a world of difference when i shoot my Shield back to back with my Sig. The T9 has more mass and a slightly longer barrel than the p320 so i feel like it would shoot the same or better. I love the idea of something about the same size as my Shield but shoots like my Sig in the terms of recoil and muzzle flip.

They seem to be super hard to find it but a local shop actually has access to one the new polished stainless with the front strap checkering (just one) from a nearby distributor $824. I am always hesitant to buy a firearm blind and not able put put my hands on it first especially with a DAO trigger that i have never felt.

Looking around the internet it looks like alot of people say it doesn't really fit a niche. But to me it looks like a perfect carry gun.

Kahrs all have longer barrels than equivalent sized pistols because Kahrs have an offset feed ramp. It's a patented feature so they're pretty much the only game in town.

I have a T9. It shoots like a dream. Because it's all stainless and has a relatively low bore axis, recoil is minimal. If you can buy the T9 2018 Elite for that price, you should jump on it. That's not inexpensive by any means, but that's a good price for that particular pistol.

The T9 makes a good carry gun, but you are gaining a lot of weight compared to the capacity. There are pistols the same size that are easier to carry and have higher capacity. I don't carry mine. I carry my CM9 with a spare magazine. The T9 isn't a big pistol---it's about the size of a Colt Commander---but all things being equal, I want to carry the lightest pistol possible.

But I take my T9 to the range every other visit. It's great to shoot, and ridiculously accurate.

laserfish
04-08-2019, 02:30 PM
I have had my T9 about 5 years and carry it daily. Is it a bit heavier than some, yep, but I am a big guy and it does not bother me. Good belt helps. Shoots like it is a part of me. Trigger is outstanding. Never had a failure, no matter the ammo. You will love it.