PDA

View Full Version : Mepro Versus Trijicon ??

ripley16
08-31-2010, 06:30 AM
Based on your experience, which night sight manufacturer makes the better product for your Kahrs?

Maybe it's because I'm getting older, but my eyes need all the help I can give them. I've owned a couple of guns with both brands of night sights installed and I've come to realize that I prefer the Mepro over the Trijicon. The main reason is the size of the aiming dot used by Mepro, which is larger. The vials of tritium are about the same size, but the tube enclosing the vial is wider. I also wonder if a wider surrounding tube translates inro a more robust, less breakable sight?

What's your opinion? Are there better sights than these available for "old eyes"?

One the left is a set of Mepros Tru Dot, right side are Trijicons.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/Pistols/Kahr/comparesights003.jpg

Bawanna
08-31-2010, 09:14 AM
If you insist on a 3 dot set up (and nothing wrong with that). The mepro is pretty much the ticket. I prefer the XS sights, both standard dot and big dot work way better for my more experienced and well used eyes. They are more clear for me both in daylight and low light.
Some don't care for them but for me they are just the ticket.

jocko
08-31-2010, 10:18 AM
XS FOR ME. Love um, they look like a fightin sight..

gb6491
08-31-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm a fan of Mepros (see them better in most light conditions), but I have to say the Trijicons on my CW45 have worked out well so far. My XD subcompact came with an XS standard dot, but I'm not overly fond of it. I tend to get vertical stringing (my fault) with XS sights and find I shoot just as quickly (and more accurately) with the Trijicons on my CW45 and Mepros on my other pistols. YMMV :)
Regards,
Greg

ripley16
09-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Can you see a difference?

I just got in some fresh Mepro sights from Kahr. They do ship fast... I ordered them on 8/30! It isn't a easy task replacing Kahr sights, but it turned out OK. I really like the Mepros. I can pick them up much faster than the stovk Kahr sights. Well worth the $80.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i186/ripley16/NewMepro003.jpg

Please excuse the TW25b dribble. I just finished cleaning them after a fun range outting.