PDA

View Full Version : CCW In The Big Easy

FreedomsNotFree
09-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Are there any city-specific CCW restrictions within metro New Orleans that differ from state statute? I understand that Louisiana and Nebraska are reciprocity states but want to be a good law abiding permit holder on an upcoming trip. Thanks

bayoutrigger
09-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Nothing special in NO

wyntrout
09-16-2010, 08:56 AM
That seems strange, since they went about disarming the law-abiding citizens during Katrina. The police chief and his "goons" really played the jack-booted thug roles well. I know all of the cops weren't so enthusiastic about curtailing the citizens' 2nd Amendment Right of self-protection, but it seemed a lot of those hefty cops were overly enthusiastic to do so.
You must have seen some of the video clips where this happened or eye-witness accounts of being accosted with leveled and aimed weapons by the cops.

YouTube - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4&feature=related)

Wynn:(

jlottmc
09-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Wynn that goes back to an emergency powers law, and incidentally, is the reason that many states have barred the confiscation of arms during a declared state of emergency.

Dietrich
09-16-2010, 05:32 PM
And to think that people think I`m paranoid when I say I`m scared of the government.Those in power are more crooked than the Mafia and I mean from your local officials to the Feds.I don`t trust any of them.They haven`t given me any reason to trust them but they`ve given me plenty to be leery of them and their henchmen.:behindsofa:

Jim K
09-17-2010, 08:27 AM
The majority of cops I know are good folks who respect the rights of law abiding people. There are some cops who think their authority gives them the right to run roughshod over others. -----------------

We need cops and I appreciate the job they do.
I don't understand why good cops let the bad ones get away with the crap they pull. Mob mentality comes to mind. ----------------

I have a CC permit and I was told by a deputy in Louisiana that I could not carry my weapon loaded. !!!! What planet did this guy come from? He was a nice guy but dumb as a box of rocks. This is what you have to deal with folks. I asked another deputy the next day and I got the "WTF?" response. He asked "what good is a pistol if it's not loaded?" ...Yeah. ---

I've had shotguns leveled at me in Brasil and Uzis leveled at me in Colombia. Both cases the police needed to ID me as one of the good guys. They all knew the law of their land and were very polite. I can understand the cops practicing self defense. I think the cops here in Louisiana and especially New Orleans could learn a few things from them. ----------------

Watch yer back, Jim K

wyntrout
09-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Dietrich, I think it was just last week up in your neck of the woods that the sheriffs/cops were wanting to have access to prescription records at the pharmacies... make their job easier to find people abusing drugs.... I'll bet. That's gub'mint thinking... we're just here for them to take care of and anything that makes their job "easier" is great.
Wynn:D

Dietrich
09-17-2010, 10:17 AM
It seems that officials all over this country have the notion that they have a right to your personal information.They use all kinds of excuses to try to rob you of your privacy.I personally do not use drugs of any kind [not since the seventies anyway] but as to the officials here in the Tarheel State,they have passed so much legislation that it has gotten to this point.If you are in North Carolina and you are having fun,you more than likely are breaking the law.