PDA

View Full Version : Holster Idea!!!

inu
09-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Hey all,
Ok so i want to get my sidearm finished by robar with a NP3 finish. And i also want a holster like a crossbreed supertuck or comp tac because i like the design and the thin profile of a thin piece of kydex and leather backing.

My issue is, that kydex can war a finish faster than anything. the solution i think should be to glue a thin piece of leather , suede, or felt to kydex part of the holster as to not wear the finish.

Does anyone know someone that makes a holster like this? If not, can someone patent this idea and start making them already. But mybe theres a good reason why i dont see makers doing this but it sounds like a good idea.

what are your thoughts????

Bawanna
09-10-2010, 01:28 PM
Check out Tucker Gun leather. The silent thunder is just what your looking for. I think there's a link on Old Lincolns signature line. I think.
Good guy, good product, spoken highly of round these parts.
I don't have one myself. YET!

MikeyKahr
09-10-2010, 01:47 PM
http://www.tuckergunleather.com

http://rlcompanyusa.stores.yahoo.net/sithky.html

inu
09-10-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info, they do have a great looking holster called "the answer" but sadly they do not make it for kahr yet:(

AFDoc
09-10-2010, 05:25 PM
inu,
I've been looking for the same thing and got the same answer from Tucker. No one is lining the kydex with leather for the PM9. However, OldFaithful said I could add a thin liner to his PM9 holster and it should work. I haven't tried it yet but at $35 for the holster it may be worth a try. I have a Dual Carry for my XD9SC that is very comfortable and so for now I've decided to go with another Dual Carry for my PM9. I asked David to forgo the extra leather at the opening to keep the holster as thin as possible.

diablo_svr
09-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Hey all,
Ok so i want to get my sidearm finished by robar with a NP3 finish. And i also want a holster like a crossbreed supertuck or comp tac because i like the design and the thin profile of a thin piece of kydex and leather backing.

My issue is, that kydex can war a finish faster than anything. the solution i think should be to glue a thin piece of leather , suede, or felt to kydex part of the holster as to not wear the finish.

Does anyone know someone that makes a holster like this? If not, can someone patent this idea and start making them already. But mybe theres a good reason why i dont see makers doing this but it sounds like a good idea.

what are your thoughts????

I personally have found that leather wears a finish more than kydex. With kydex the retention
is usually on the trigger guard, so that spot could get worn more, but the rest of the gun
does well.

If you buy a hybrid (leather/kydex) you can take the kydex off and line it yourself. Felt sounds
interesting.

hedgehog
09-10-2010, 09:50 PM
or get the "mole skin" from comp-tac

bulletnose
09-17-2010, 12:03 PM
I have a holster idea that I think would do really good! If any of you is familiar with Glock and the plastic service holster they make for their handguns, well I think such a holster made to fit the Kahr Pistols would be a big seller. What do y'all think??

Bawanna
09-17-2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe Blackhawk will make a Serpa for the Kahrs. That would be real similar and probably sell real well.

bulletnose
09-17-2010, 03:08 PM
I approached the Kahr-Guys with my idea a couple of years ago and they didn't seem very interested. Surely there would not be any kind of patent infringement, at least I hope not.