PDA

View Full Version : My K9 Covert Pic.

HotRod31
09-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Here for your veiwing pleasure is a pic of what is arguably the worlds only K9 Covert.:)

Enjoy, Mark

hedgehog
09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I see what you did there. :D

HotRod31
09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
I see what you did there. :D

Please explain :confused:

Later, Mark

jggonzalez
09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Yes, please explain. Who did the work?

HotRod31
09-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes, please explain. Who did the work?

I cut it down & fitted it,had a Friend with a little more Tig experiance (20 yrs NASA) than me weld it up then I sanded & polished it back out. Here are a couple more pics.

Bawanna
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Now that ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls had to be a scary scary thing to do. I did my own bobtail job on my para and I was absolutely sweating bullets prior to and during the hacksaw operation. I was trying to be all technical and careful but ended up using my trusty stanley tape measure.
You done a real nice job on that. My hats off to ya for your bravery.
Any issues getting the mag release and everything dialed in or did you have that calculated it to perfection.

Garland
09-16-2010, 05:18 AM
I think we have a winner for the Testicular Fortitude award for the month!

bigmacque
09-16-2010, 06:27 AM
I think we have a winner for the Testicular Fortitude award for the month!

I second that vote.

Bawanna
09-16-2010, 09:20 AM
I cut it down & fitted it,had a Friend with a little more Tig experiance (20 yrs NASA) than me weld it up then I sanded & polished it back out. Here are a couple more pics.

What did you do for grips on that bad boy? Did you cut it so perfectly that MK grips fit or make them yourself.

HotRod31
09-16-2010, 12:05 PM
What did you do for grips on that bad boy? Did you cut it so perfectly that MK grips fit or make them yourself.

My camera battery died on me while cutting, so I don't have any more construction pics. I used a set of MK grips as a jig to line it up with, I removed some of the plastic grip around the cut so I could tack it then disposed of them & finished welding all around. Mags fit perfectly. I have had a set of wood grips backordered for over a month now. I hate the plastic grips so I am going attempt to cut down my K9 hogues.:)

Thanks for the praise, Mark

Bawanna
09-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Are the holes on the MK and the K in the same place? If the old style MK grips would fit properly I have access to an MK. I'll build you some. I have a K40 but that won't help me really to get a proper fit. The newer MK grips are different.

gb6491
09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
HotRod31,
I salute your your vision, fortitude, and skill: well done! http://i55.tinypic.com/bfgj8w.gif

Regards,
Greg

HotRod31
09-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Are the holes on the MK and the K in the same place? If the old style MK grips would fit properly I have access to an MK. I'll build you some. I have a K40 but that won't help me really to get a proper fit. The newer MK grips are different.

The top holes are the same. I don't know about old ones but the new ones I used had to be modified a little on the inside.
Anyway I just cut down my K9 Hogues and there great,not perfect but this is a survival tool not a trophy gun. Did I mention I hate plastic grips:)

Thanks for the complement Greg
Later, Mark