PDA

View Full Version : First time Kahr owner and have a few questions...

In-Yo-Grill
10-09-2009, 07:01 AM
I just purchased a gently used P9. I'll post picks when I get it on Monday.

I already have a couple of questions though...

1) Some of you say you had "factory" night sights on your guns. What brand of night sights do they put on at the factory, Trijicon or Meprolight?

2) I was on the Kahr website looking up night sights and they list two different types for "Old style slide" and "New style slide". How do I know which version I have?

I'm leaning towards the Big Dots but am still undecided. Any help in answering my questions is greatly appreciated.

I'm finding that I'm so excited about getting it that I'm not even thinking about Fantasy Football...:ohmy:

hdawson
10-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Since the Kahr is for close in self defence, I chose the Crimson Trace laser. At ten to twenty feet, I feel the laser would be more useful. Especially with my aged eyes. Just another option.

jocko
10-11-2009, 07:34 AM
I just purchased a gently used P9. I'll post picks when I get it on Monday.

I already have a couple of questions though...

1) Some of you say you had "factory" night sights on your guns. What brand of night sights do they put on at the factory, Trijicon or Meprolight?

2) I was on the Kahr website looking up night sights and they list two different types for "Old style slide" and "New style slide". How do I know which version I have?

I'm leaning towards the Big Dots but am still undecided. Any help in answering my questions is greatly appreciated.

I'm finding that I'm so excited about getting it that I'm not even thinking about Fantasy Football...:ohmy:

u more than likely have the newer version kahr or now slide style. but take the slide off and look at the bottom back of it. if you see a dimple there, you have the newer version and must state that when ordering sights for yourself.

Go to the kahr website and they will be able to show you a photo fo what I just tried to explain.

Let kahr do the sight installation, u can just send the slide to them in regular mail for little or nothing. those sights are a real bugger to get off, let them do it, money well spend. I like my bog dot sights, but again theyare defense quick acquistion sights, certainly not target type sights but awesome none the less.

You have a darn nice gun there to.

again let kahr do the work...

In-Yo-Grill
10-12-2009, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the input I've gotten.

What can I expect for Kahr to charge me for putting on the sights? I assume I handle the shipping costs to and from them?

paintwerk
10-26-2009, 11:33 AM
The P9 I bought about 6 months ago came equipped with Meprolight night sights.

Spank the Monkey
10-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Big Dots from Kahr cost me $185 round trip... sights, installation and shipping. I think they're great sights for their intended purpose!

In-Yo-Grill
10-30-2009, 07:57 AM
I bougth the Meprolight night sights and My gunsmith charged me $30 bucks to install the night sights so I saved a little on shipping the gun back and forth. He told me that they were a bear to get out and put in. I'm very pleased to say the least.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/HPIM3346.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/HPIM3347.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/Fresh2Salt/HPIM3345.jpg

jocko
10-30-2009, 09:39 AM
u did the right thing in letting a smitty do the work. kahr sites are a real bear to get out, without a sight pusher and a damn good one at that, they won't move. Those mepro sights are excellent and should serve you well. That is one hell of a nice P9 also.

LLDJR
11-02-2009, 03:20 PM
What part number for your Mepro rear sight?

My gun DOB is 10/20/09

In-Yo-Grill
11-02-2009, 04:31 PM
What part number for your Mepro rear sight?

My gun DOB is 10/20/09

Once I established that I had the newer style slide I just ordered them off of the Kahr website as a set.

stevehome
11-08-2009, 09:45 PM
If you have the standard two dot sights on it, that's all you need. I wouldn't mess with it unless you want to put on a laser crimson sight on it. If you did order the new sights, I would have Kahr install them. The reason being you will know they are installed to the correct sighting. I had a local gunsmith install some on my Glock 23 and had to take them back because they were off (shooting to the right). Also, nights sights half life are 10 years. I also found the all black version, the sights show up much better than the silver slide version. Just my opinion.