PDA

View Full Version : K9 Elite or T9??

mity2
09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
So I have reguler K9.
Its the distributer model with Carbon steel slide with SS frame(well, way I understood it was that it was Kahr's crever tactics to get rid of crap load of old carbon steel slide that was sitting on their shelf. Slap them on the frame, call it special model. LOL)

Anyway, I love the gun. But I have been considering to upgrade to other Kahr, due to dificulty of finding nightsight for it(since it has older style rear sight cut), and fragility of blued carbon steel slide(They rust when I don't wipe it down in few days, because I carry this gun everyday tucked up against my sweaty budy!).

I narrowed my choice down to either Kahr K9 Elite(Model #K9098 - w/o night sight. But since its newer rear cut, finding one is no biggie), or Kahr T9(Model #KT9093-NOVAK With night sight).
http://www.kahr.com/imgs/img_PA_k9098n.jpg
K9 Elite
http://www.kahr.com/imgs/img_PA_kt9093.jpg
T9

I like the rerety of T9, as well as little bigger size fits my hand better. And wood grip looks great.
My K9 has butter smooth trigger, and K9 Elite have even better trigger I was told, which is hard to ignore(Frankly, i can't imagin how can this trigger be better then it already is!)

I can get K9 Elite for $715, and T9 for $740(They are both NIB).

What do you guys suggest?

dusty10
09-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, the K9 will be easier to conceal. You already have a holster to fit it. I'd go with the K9. I might upgrade to the blackened s.s. finish though. Love that black on black. :D

jocko
09-24-2010, 05:49 AM
BUY THE T9, you have a K9, you won't notice jack s-it with the K9 elite over your K9 you have now. 1/8" trigger pull is the only difference in triggers. You will shoot the T9 better IMO. Thsoe wood grips would cost you $40 for your K series. That T9 price IMO is a damn good price. both would have to be waist band carried so the little bigger T9 won't make a hill of beans in that area either..

Oh my decisions, decisions decisions!!

DMR
09-27-2010, 05:34 AM
T-9

jeep45238
09-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Run the T9. It is not hard to conceal, and the T series is a helluva pistol. Much more so than the other models, if I do say so myself.

ripley16
09-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Kahr does sell night sights for the old style dovetail. I know because I just put some on an older P9. But... if you insist on a new gun...

The K9 give you;Slightly better concealability.
A choice of grips; polymer, wood, laser.
Familiarity, because you already know it well.
A choice of color, stainless or black that is not available in the T9.

The T9 gives you;
Longer grip.
Perhaps a softer recoil, (I can't really tell the difference between my T9 or K9).
Longer sight radius, maybe more accurate.
Exclusivity.
The shorter trigger without the Elite upgrade.
Easier to take down and reassemble.

This would be a really tough choice for me, both are really good guns. I guess I'd side on the T9 camp. Try something new. It is a really sweet shooting gun. Good luck with your choice.

BTW: My T9, P9 and K9 all fit in my Mitch Rosen Premier.