PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Back for Repair?

Optimus
10-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Ok so my P380 locks back early A LOT, I have been watching my thumb and it's nowhere near the slide release lever and I have been keeping a firm grip on the gun as not to "limp wrist" it.

I have aover 350+ rounds through it with 2 cleanings right now and I don't want to keep runing ammo through it or tinkering if it's not gonna "fix" it.

Called Kahr and they said they can send me a new slide spring or I can send it in . I feel more comfortable sending it in. They said I have to pay for shipping to them though. Is that standard practice? I thought I had read on here about them sending pre-paid slips for shipping in to them?

Bawanna
10-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Thats usually the case if it's a warranty issue as yours should be. You sometimes have to mention that you'd like a pick up tag and that you consider it a warranty issue.
I'd call back and see if they won't issue you a pickup tag.

Whaleman
10-01-2010, 05:50 PM
I just sent my new P380 back to Kahr with the early lock back problem. I had to pay shipping to them ($50). I got it back very fast. It has worked flawlessly since the return. The only thing I notice is on empty slide lockback the slide lock is not as high as possible. What I mean is the slide stop lever can be pushed up just a little after last round lockback. Dan

Optimus
10-05-2010, 12:18 PM
Well I called back today. Took some arguing, a little more than I'd like from a CS standpoint, but I got a calltag.

We'll see what they can do with it.

photoman12001
10-07-2010, 04:59 AM
I sent them my new MK9 a few weeks after buying it for accuracy issues. I had to pay the $60 shipping which is not standard practice from any other gun producer I've dealt with. I found my Kahr CS experience to be less than satisfactory.

Bawanna
10-07-2010, 10:21 AM
I sent them my new MK9 a few weeks after buying it for accuracy issues. I had to pay the $60 shipping which is not standard practice from any other gun producer I've dealt with. I found my Kahr CS experience to be less than satisfactory.

What did they determine the problem was and what was the original accuracy issue? Did they resolve the issue?

deadhead1971
10-07-2010, 10:37 AM
whaleman--

what did kahr say they fixed? I wonder what the fix for this is?

Whaleman
10-09-2010, 08:37 AM
They said," Polished slide stop, replaced slide stop spring,Lubed, test fired good". My slide stop was hitting the next bullet and locking up. I looked at the slide stop with a 10 power loop and could see the ground a little off the end.

Atilla
10-09-2010, 11:55 AM
I sent my PM9 with broken trigger bar back, had to pay the shipping but after some emails to Eoin I did receive a credit for it. Overall, Kahr CS is below par when compared to S&W, Ruger, Sig who all bend over backwards to be as accommodating as possible. I guess that is easy when you make a quality product to begin with. As soon as Taurus, s&w, and others come out with nice & small single stacks in full calibers kahr will have to up the quality and CS or go out of business.

jocko
10-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I sent my PM9 with broken trigger bar back, had to pay the shipping but after some emails to Eoin I did receive a credit for it. Overall, Kahr CS is below par when compared to S&W, Ruger, Sig who all bend over backwards to be as accommodating as possible. I guess that is easy when you make a quality product to begin with. As soon as Taurus, s&w, and others come out with nice & small single stacks in full calibers kahr will have to up the quality and CS or go out of business.

why hasn't smith, ruger, taurus sig done such a thing??????????? Humm maybe these little guns are harder to make than one thnks?? You just had a bad experience with kahr CS. most here have not, u can go on any forum and read the same ol stuff from a disgruntled owner who was not treated as he felt he should have been. sorry you had issues, and really sorry you are so disgruntled with Kahr. Only you can change that..

Optimus
10-09-2010, 07:49 PM
Eh, I'm with Attila on this.

I'm still waiting to get my gun back, so I can't pass judgement ywt o nwehether they'll get the gun fized right the first time. But I don't think they should deny their customers a shipping slip / credit to send back a defective gun.