PDA

View Full Version : Tucker Gunleather - Answer Holster

OldLincoln
10-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I received my new Answer holster yesterday. I got it for my Colt Commander and it replaces a Tucker Silent Thunder. Both are leather lined Kydex, but while the Silent Thunder is a single belt clip small holster, the Answer is a 2 clip hybrid with the leather back panel and a suede backing. (Suede is a kind of leather with a smooth, velvet-like surface).

The heavy Colt hanging on 1 clip made the belt sag. I'm first to admit the 5.11 Causal gun belt is as much or more at fault. It does fine with the PM9 but needs help with the heavy Colt. I have a belt solution in mind that I'll do later if I need it.

As happens, I only had time to wear the Answer for about 15 minutes between other responsibilities. It didn't sag the belt at all and gave indication that it will be comfortable, well, it IS comfortable out of the box, but I can see that it needs to conform to the curve of my body and will be even more comfortable. A big thing for me was the distribution of weight across the 2 clips made the gun feel lighter to carry.

Rob of Tucker Gun Leather was super to deal with as usual. He took back the Silent Thunder and applied full price to the Answer. You can see pictures of both the Silent Thunder and the Answer by clicking on the links in my signature line.

I will have more to say about the Answer after I have time to wear it for a week or so. Now I'm only waiting on 2 7rd Check-Mate mags already in the mail.