PDA

View Full Version : Pm45 striker not reseting after dryfire

Tactics
10-14-2009, 04:54 PM
When dry firing my pm45 about 70% of the time the striker remains engaged untill the the slide is racked and the trigger resets. Just wondering if anyone has noticed this happening, or do i have a problem?

500KV
10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Is this the same situation you are describing?

Round hanging on the firing Pin P380 - Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130497)

Tactics
10-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Yes, that is exactly whats happening, minus the round getting hung up on the protruding firing pin. Just tested it and the round pushes the pin back in. (no hang ups)Thanks for the link

500KV
10-15-2009, 05:09 AM
It's really strange what we can make our guns do if we fool with them enough isn't it? :p
Kind'a like the old adage.. *give enough monkeys, typewriters and eventually they'll write the Bible*

deanp1964
11-06-2011, 09:03 PM
yeah right.... just TRY to find a typewriter these days.... sheesh!

Kenjs2
12-06-2011, 06:53 AM
Is this the same situation you are describing?

Round hanging on the firing Pin P380 - Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130497)

When I try to view this thread I keep getting "you do not have permission to access this page." What am I doing wrong?

MLESa7990
12-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Apparently, you have to be a member of GlockTalk to view it.

Kenjs2
12-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Apparently, you have to be a member of GlockTalk to view it.

I think I am. They do have those "problem forums" that have restrictions on new members and those "paid" memberships but I wouldnt think this topic would fit in one of those catagories. There's no such thing as being to old of a post, is there.

gb6491
12-06-2011, 09:32 AM
When I try to view this thread I keep getting "you do not have permission to access this page." What am I doing wrong?

...There's no such thing as being to old of a post, is there.
Most likely they have changed the data base since then and the link is no longer valid. I've seen it here as well.
Regards,
Greg

OldLincoln
12-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Kahrs use an inertia firing pin system without a reset spring. That's why the striker assembly has so much mass. The recoil action resets the striker and the sear will hold it back until the trigger pull releases the sear. You can see this work with the slide off. The striker will be held inside the breach by the striker spring but if you press down the sear you can push it out a tad. Push it back and the sear will lock it again. This is a good thing to do when you clean the gun to check for proper action.

If you striker pin will always slip out of the breach face something is not right. If it does as described above it is okay.

jocko
12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I think in the kahr manual they even state to check that this striker block (sear) is engaging properly. I think thatis kwhy on kahrs and many other striker fired guns u will see a striker smear on the primer cup to.

good point Old Lincoln.

jeffe007
12-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Sounds like what I had he day I bought my cm9. A busted cam spring. W/o it the trigger won't ever reset unless one pulls he slide back all the way and whilst doing so keeps the gun level it won't catch and reset. If that's it u can repair it for $6 like I did but if you've gt a backup gun to carry I'd just send the Kahr in as it's a total PITA!!! Good luck!