PDA

View Full Version : Convert PM40 to PM9 ?

DustyJacket
10-17-2009, 09:12 AM
I have a PM40 and it is doing well. I would like to be able to shoot 9mm.

Assuming the frames for both guns are the same, I should need is new:
Magazines
Slide and all components therein
barrel
recoil spring

Right?

Or would the .40 slide work for 9mm, too?

Has anyone done this?

Dietrich
10-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Howdy, I don`t have any expertise in this area but I would strongly suggest that you talk to the people at Kahr before going forward with this plan of action. You may be dead on the money but I`d check with them first.

DustyJacket
10-17-2009, 11:16 AM
I sent an e-mail and am waiting for them to respond, so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has acrually done it.

It would be nice to have a caliber choice.

I have very little .40S&W and lots of 9mm ammo. And the 9mm is easier to shoot.

Originally I wanted an MK9 or (2nd choice) a PM9, but the dealer just could not find one. I guess I could have found one on-line and had it shipped to the dealer.............. I do try to keep the local dealers in business and it does cost me sometimes....

Dogman
10-17-2009, 03:12 PM
For the cost to convert, why not just buy a PM9? Would the cost be that much less?

ltxi
10-17-2009, 04:45 PM
......I guess I could have found one on-line and had it shipped to the dealer.............. I do try to keep the local dealers in business and it does cost me sometimes....

Davidson's has the MK9 in stock. They're a distributor, not a retailer. Your LGS is the seller and sets the price. Competing quotes from participating gun shops in your area available on line. This is usually not the dirt cheapest price, but a) your local guy is making a fair profit and b) you're dealing with a 100% reliable source who throws in a lifetime "if it ever breaks, we'll replace immediately" guarantee.

DustyJacket
10-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Kahr says "no go".

The slides are model specific and not interchangeable.......

I guess I need to sell the PM40 after I find a PM9 or MK9......

jocko
10-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Kahr says "no go".

The slides are model specific and not interchangeable.......

I guess I need to sell the PM40 after I find a PM9 or MK9......

u like your PM40, then indeed buy a PM9. The MK 9 is one super gun but IMO entirely to heavy for pocket carry.. If ur gonna waist band carry then it is a great gun for tha tposition. I think after owning a PM40 and going to the all steel version, you will be unhappy. Just my 2 cents

I have a K9 kahr also that I really love to shoot etc, but I relegated it to home defense and I always grab my PM9 when going out the door. weight is the main factor, vboth are utterly 100% reliable...

DustyJacket
10-20-2009, 07:00 PM
As much as I would like to go out and buy a PM9, there are none in KC to be had and we are in "last-minute-saving-for-college" mode. My daughter starts next fall, and the nest egg we had took a beating over the last year.

So, no more guns for me for a while.....