PDA

View Full Version : Image downsized further by Attachment Manager

wyntrout
10-08-2010, 01:32 PM
John, since the malware problems, the Attachment Manager is behaving differently. For the past ten months, I've been generally shooting pictures with my camera set at 640 by 480 resolution, or resizing to that. In any case, I then check the size and if the picture is over 97 Kilobytes, I crop a bit until it's below the maximum size permitted by the Attachment Manager. If I had a 88KB picture by then, that's what uploaded, but now I get images downsized again by the AM to 10KB to 14KB, which degrades legibility. It does not help if I resize the image from megabyte size now.

Is this intentional?? If so, the allowable size list on the AM needs revision.

The maximum size for jpg images is still listed at 97.7 kilobytes.

Wynn:)

johnh
10-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Hmm....I did not change anything in that area, but we are running a newer VB so it may be something changed in defaults. I will take a look.

John

johnh
10-10-2010, 09:44 AM
I did not find any obvious cause, but did change the file size limit for one JPG related image format. Let me know if this made a difference.

Thanks!

John

wyntrout
10-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I don't know why... I just resized a .jpg image to 620 by 280 and had a 49KB image... uploaded to about 11KB??
I used to be able to get the 640 by 480 cropped images to upload at their correct size when below 97.7KB.
It's hard to have legibility at 10 to 20 KB. I'm opening a Photobucket account, but that will take some getting used to.

Thanks.

Wynn:)