PDA

View Full Version : TW25b Question

diablo_svr
10-09-2010, 11:19 PM
So I was thinking of trying TW25b. I watched a video on manufactures
web site and they say you should polish it in and shouldn't be able
to see it and just trust that it's there and working and if you use to
much it's not going to as well...if you can see it.

If I can't see it, how am I suppose to know it's really still there?

Those of you who use it, what do you do?

Bawanna
10-10-2010, 12:08 AM
I use it. I don't polish it in. Just use it like any other kind of grease. Run a bead down the frame or slide rails and leave it at that. It's not invisible, guess I didn't read the instructions that thoroughly.

wyntrout
10-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Instructions... oh, yeah. I accidentally read those for my Tetra products when I was posting pictures here. I was trying to make sure it was legible and wound up reading them. They talk about filling in the microscopic cracks and "pores" or whatever, and making it slick. I guess the TW25b is similar. You rub in the Tetra and then wipe the rest off. It bonds to the metal. I did what Bawanna' did. It's grease and oil... just special.

Tetra post: http://kahrtalk.com/kahr-tech/1521-proper-prep-new-kahr-5.html#post32652

Wynn:)

diablo_svr
10-10-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm going to try the tetra that you posted. Seems like the same
stuff and was priced the same as you got at gun show.

OldLincoln
10-10-2010, 04:58 PM
I use it (thanks Jocko) but I DO rub it in, hard. The doc gave me a skin lotion for the scaly stuff people get (so-ri-o-sus) and told me if you just smooth it on, it sits on top of the skin and is less effective. By rubbing it in you actually push it into the pores and it works better. The grease is supposed to get into the "pores" of the metal so I press it in there. Especially the alloy feed ramp of my Colt. Same with the underside of the PM9 slide (#6) which has remained smooth since I polished it and use the grease. I figure a little action will wipe off the stuff on top but not that in the pores.

jocko
10-11-2010, 05:58 AM
good point old lincoln....

Bawanna
10-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Ok, OK, so I'll rub it in. Do I use my tongue or what? I'm thinking maybe a qtip on the wooden stick and kind of massage it in with maybe some soft music in the background.
Dietrich will know? Lets ask Dietrich.

ripley16
10-11-2010, 02:11 PM
I just put a dab or two of TW25b inside the slide slots and smooth it evenly along the length of rail travel. I also put a drop of oil on top of the TW25b.

All of my serious pistols get a Militec-1 treatment, so theoretically, the metal pores are already filled with slick stuff.

Between the three different products I figure my guns should be slick as goose poop. :D

Bawanna
10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Being from Missouri the "Show Me State". I'm in hot pursuit of a goose. Darn thing keeps flying off without leaving his mark.
I know a dock where the geese hang out alot, maybe Ill go there and see if it's really slick.
Hope I dont slip and fall out of the chair and become a derelict. Wait! I already am, no worries. I'm just the man for the test.

jocko
10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
i just put a dab or two of tw25b inside the slide slots and smooth it evenly along the length of rail travel. I also put a drop of oil on top of the tw25b.

All of my serious pistols get a militec-1 treatment, so theoretically, the metal pores are already filled with slick stuff.

Between the three different products i figure my guns should be slick as goose poop. :d

ice cream:d

Bawanna
10-11-2010, 03:54 PM
ooooh touche old wise one! This is a great sign. When you can see humor in an otherwise tragic event, its truely a sign of at least minimal improvement. Course you were joking from day one, so hard to tell really.
Course how can 500 gallons of icecream spilled on the roadway not be funny. I bet you can think of a few reasons.

wyntrout
10-11-2010, 04:09 PM
I bought some of the MilTec stuff and after reading the directions :eek:, I decided it was too much trouble. I'm glad that direction thing isn't addictive.
Wynn:D

ripley16
10-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I bought some of the MilTec stuff and after reading the directions :eek:, I decided it was too much trouble. I'm glad that direction thing isn't addictive.
Wynn:D

Yeah, it takes awhile, especially if you apply it the recommended three times, but it's realy pretty amazing stuff. I use my wife's hair dryer for heat. There are several very good lubes on the market, so Militec may not be for everyone.

MikeyKahr
10-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Glad you didn't lose your sense of humor, Jocko. Also glad you're still among the land of the living, my friend. Hope you're healing up well - I know the process will be longer than you like, but don't forget it's better than some of the possible alternatives.

ice cream:d

jeep45238
10-11-2010, 11:37 PM
Use a bit of Slip2000EWL, and you'll be golden for everything.

Wipe and done.

jlottmc
10-12-2010, 06:47 AM
I thought you were sticking with the original SLIP2000. Is the new stuff that much better?

jeep45238
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
I was running the original - I ran out :D

The new stuff is pretty impressive - as was the original. I dumped 5 mags through my 5.45 upper at the range, went to take it apart, and there was still lube everywhere on the BCG except on the boat tail (to be expected). Even the gas ports still had lube on them. It wasn't gummed up or anything.

The reason for the switch? Well, it's easy to find the EWL in a 16oz trigger bottle, not the standard Slip2000. :) If only the trigger squeeze had a fan setting for the nozzel, I'd be in heaven. Lay your parts out, squeeze once, and have everything coated :D

OldLincoln
10-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Jocko: Ice cream, ice cream everywhere, and not a bite to eat!

Bawanna: Just imagine you are giving a beautiful woman a deep muscle massage and you'll do fine. I use my pinky finger to rub TW25 in tight places, my good thumb for large ones.

Gang: I will be receiving a needle applicator of Weapon Shield to test against Gunzilla. Any suggestions on testing?

I remember when STP first came out their salesman came by our shop with a demo machine that had a smooth wheel that turned, a stationary friction plate that was hinged with a hanger for adding weights and pressure. He'd put a dab of oil on the friction plate and it would be smoking in a couple minutes with little weight. Put STP on it and you couldn't make it smoke. That's what I need for this test.