PDA

View Full Version : Issues with CW9 - suggestions?

dfloresjr
10-22-2009, 01:05 PM
New member to forum, and proud new owner of CW9. After years of carrying Glock 19, decided to go with single stack 9mm. After comparing Walther PPS, Keltec and Kahr CW, it was a no brainer. Just shot my first 100 rds. with CW9. Great to fire, although recoil in Speer +P 124 gr. gold dots was a little sharp. I need to adjust to several things on the CW: 1), I was riding the trigger to find the reset like my Glock, and I realized I have to let the DA trigger out almost all the way for the striker to reset. 2) I was also squeezing the small mag release button at times with my right thumb, resulting in dropping the mag during shooting. Not good! That's operator error, but the 3rd problem is that I bought a Galco Matrix holster that is supposedly good for the p9 and the CW9. The holster was clearly designed for the P9, with the grooves on the slide top that don't exist on the CW9. Because of that, I have to force the CW9 into the holster, resulting in some plastic shavings coming out of the holster. Any suggestions for a good carry holster for a CW9?

pudly
10-22-2009, 01:32 PM
I recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck. A single holster will work for both the CW9 and P9.

shooter37
10-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Two suggestions. IWB, try the Bianchi S29A. Holds the pistol securely yet allows a smooth draw.
Belt holster, try the High Noon Mr. Softy design without the retention strap.
This holds well and secures high with a 15 degree forward tilt.

dfloresjr
10-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the quick responses! Appreciate it.

mr.72
10-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I really like the FIST K3

wagon
10-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm a leather person so I have zero Kydex experience. For OWB, I ordered from KahrShop an Alessi beltSlide for my PM9 which I really like, high quality, well built, pull close to the body and very comfortable. May be it can ride a little higher but doesn't bother me one bit. So, look elsewhere if you prefer riding high.

(sorry.. noted from the "Alessi holster" thread, KarhShop doesn't have one in stock for CW9.)

IWB .. I have tried on a Mitch Rosen Clipper, you can see high quality -- just like the Alessi. Too little time with it to comment, but it felt comfortable during the limited time (PM9 has been disassembled, for now). Clip is strong and secure. I wish it was tuckable though.

Good luck shopping.

hdawson
10-23-2009, 08:01 AM
I also use a Mitch Rosen holster (belt) for my CW9 with the Crimson Trace lazer attached. Very high quality leather work and looks good.

jocko
10-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Just read where kahr is introducing a fiber optic front sight for all cw series kahrs. A big score, who knows maybe a night sight will be coming next.

It is posted on the kahr web site.

mr surveyor
10-23-2009, 12:59 PM
and who will install the new sight? Will Kahr retrofit a slide? What would be the turnaround time? Will the sight be larger than the current sight which could possibly cause a holster fit problem?

can you tell I'm interested?

surv

I found the addition to Kahr's web site.... looks like a DIY project! Priced at $39, including installation tool and instructions, with two OF tubes in green or red. It sure looks like sharp corners and edges to be drawing from leather though.

jocko
10-28-2009, 08:56 AM
kahrs front fiber optic sight looks like the one on my G19 that I had installed. Kahr doesn't make um, so I will assume most of the front fiber optic sights are made pretty much alike. I would not think it would be a hoslter grabber either but then I can't prove that either.

Feedback will surely come from owners..