PDA

View Full Version : Eye on the target

luka
10-23-2009, 04:50 PM
I notice the age Groupe here, My question when looking down the sight do you wish for a better sight on the gun? Just interested what type of sight do you prefere on the PM9, whats on there, or something else?

Some people say to use Night Sights (Day or Night) as you get a better sight picture.:confused:

Cappy
10-23-2009, 10:02 PM
I notice the age Groupe here, My question when looking down the sight do you wish for a better sight on the gun? Just interested what type of sight do you prefere on the PM9, whats on there, or something else?

Some people say to use Night Sights (Day or Night) as you get a better sight picture.:confused:

I have macular degeneration, so I use Crimson Trace to eliminate the question my eyes cause. With laser there is no issues knowing where it will hit!!:84:

packinaglock
10-24-2009, 09:09 AM
At 47 my eyes are no longer 100%, I have installed Tru Glow TFO's on all my Glocks. I was kinda bummed to find I couldn't put them on my PM 9. I believe I'm going to have go with the XS Big Dot on my Kahr.

jocko
10-24-2009, 10:23 AM
At 47 my eyes are no longer 100%, I have installed Tru Glow TFO's on all my Glocks. I was kinda bummed to find I couldn't put them on my PM 9. I believe I'm going to have go with the XS Big Dot on my Kahr.

on my PM9 and the big dots are nice for quick acquisition but they are not target sights. At 15 yards your gonna cover most of the area but at 7 yards they are awesome. The front sight is your friend and you should see it clearly over the rear sight and even the target. your eyes cannot perfectly focus on all 3 things and the norm is to see that front sight perfectly and then all else falls into place. Those big dots will certainly do that but IMO don'texpect same hole groups as with some of the other conventional sights with a smaller front sight. there is a trade off but to me the PM9 is a close up personal gun and if one practices with the big dot he can get fast and he can get very good at 10 yards and under and to me that is what it is all about.

smoke um if u got um:p

luka
10-24-2009, 04:05 PM
Several people have told me that Night Sights will give the best picture, I thinking of sending the slide to kahr and have them install the night sights. Has anyone done this and what was the cost factor.

packinaglock
10-24-2009, 04:13 PM
on my PM9 and the big dots are nice for quick acquisition but they are not target sights. At 15 yards your gonna cover most of the area but at 7 yards they are awesome. The front sight is your friend and you should see it clearly over the rear sight and even the target. your eyes cannot perfectly focus on all 3 things and the norm is to see that front sight perfectly and then all else falls into place. Those big dots will certainly do that but IMO don'texpect same hole groups as with some of the other conventional sights with a smaller front sight. there is a trade off but to me the PM9 is a close up personal gun and if one practices with the big dot he can get fast and he can get very good at 10 yards and under and to me that is what it is all about.

smoke um if u got um:p

Yes, my PM 9 is not my range gun it is an up close and personal gun and I have it on me more than any other because of ease of carry. I have tried Meps but my eyes(without glasses) just can't quite see them good enough.

jocko
10-24-2009, 04:23 PM
ah ha, age will cause that u know. I think under the circumstances of houw your carry that the xs big dot sights wouldbe just the ticket for you. I am 66 and trust me even with glasses, I appreciate that bigger front sight. It is very nice..

luka
10-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Jocko:

It the Front Sight looks large, does it get in the way of anything (Pants, Jacket).:eek:

wagon
10-24-2009, 09:34 PM
On BigDot .. any issue in catching the holster? Just curious...

jocko
10-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I carry my PM9 24/7 in my jeans front pocket in a desantis and I have zero issue with drawingit out of that little pocket holster. I would never pocket carry a gun without some type o fpocket holster that covers the trigger guard and trigger. I also at times wear the 5.11 tactical T-shirt that has the gun pockets on both sides but also it is stillinside my desantis.

Pants are definitley not a fast draw area as maybe waist band carry but again I don't have to dress to carry my PM9.

So the answer is NO...

a great sight and I see now that xs is even making the big dot night site for the new kahr P380. there is a photo of a P380 withthe xs big dot sight on it in the ar15 forum under the kahr section. Looks like a super set up IMO, as the P380 is definitley a close up personal defense gun and this big dot should make a fast acquistion to get on the target, IMO>

MY PM9 is my 24/7 carry but it is my main range gun, as the 25,000 rounds down range shows that I love to shoot it, more than any gun I own. My G19 will out shoot it 10 to 1 for me but my G19 as much as I love it, is to big for anything but home drawer use and yes of course range target shooting. for me anyways due tothe loooooong trigger pul on the kahrs I do not shoot it nearly as good as my G19 but I also accept that to but at 10 yards and under my PM9 is just one hell of a defense gun.

No matter how good some of our guns are,,,,if they are sitting home in the drawer or in the glove box and not on you 24/7, then the gun is to me not the ultimate defense carry gun.

zena
10-25-2009, 06:19 PM
I have the night sights on my PM9 and use them as a night light in my bedroom.:4: