PDA

View Full Version : Pocket holsters

SpyderTattoo
10-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Sorry guys, I'm new to this. I don't have my Kahr yet, but am getting a PM9 soon as a backup gun. What makes the holster in your pocket stay there when you draw your gun? I've seen some pics around here and some holsters have a point on the grip end, some have points on both ends to help grab some part of the pocket when drawing, so it doesn't come out with the gun.

What keeps holsters like the Uncle Mike's and such from coming out with the gun?

StellarRigs
10-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Get whatever you are comfortable with. We build our basic (model A) with a little bit of a "hook" to snag the edge of your pocket while pulling up on the grip.

Our Model C (with spare mag on board) allows you to use the spare mag base pad as the "breakaway" point. Most folks just train their fingers to push the holster off with their ring or pinky finger while grasping the gun in the pocket. This gives you a very stealthy draw. If your "perceived threat" goes away before you need to fire, they never have to know how close they were to being shot. Kydex is good like that. It snaps on and snaps off so there's no guesswork. With a little practice (using an unloaded gun) most folks get very proficient quickly.

Mudinyeri
10-26-2010, 10:20 AM
A good pocket holster will have some sort of retention to keep it in your pocket as you draw.

jreXD9
10-29-2010, 08:03 PM
the DeSantis Nemesis Superfly holster works well for me. When practicing drawing my PM9 from that I simply put a little pressure on my thigh when pulling.

JodyH
10-29-2010, 09:12 PM
My Meco pocket holster has a wing that disguises the outline and hooks the pocket to keep the holster from coming out with the gun.
Works great.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p82/JodyHuggins/kahrmeco.jpg

garyb
11-03-2010, 09:21 AM
I highly recommend the Guru pocket holster from www.pocketholsters.com (http://www.pocketholsters.com)
Works well in front or rear pocket of almost any pants. Very comfortable, perfect fit and durable, well made holster. You won't see the gun print in your pants. You will be very happy with this holster....worth every penny. They also make it to fit the Crimson Trace Laser....another nice product to give serious consideration. Hope this opinion helps you.