PDA

View Full Version : CW9 Stovepiping

9Mil
11-19-2010, 03:55 PM
I have a CW9 for six months or so and still having some issues with it stovepiping shells.

I've put over 400 rounds through it and during the initial 200 break-in I had two stovepipe and 1 failed to load. Figured that was aight for the break-in. Ever since then though the shell, on kickout, will hang up on probably 1 out of every 30-50 rounds or so. It's like the slide isn't opening up far enough all the time to let the casing out.

Pretty much have only shot Winchester FMJ through it. I know some are going to recommend different shots but I'm disappointed that it does it in the first place.

Anyone else have an issue similar? Or know of any adjustments?

Thanks

jocko
11-19-2010, 04:36 PM
ur ammo is OK, no sense in switching. Kahrs are notammo sensitive. check your recoil spring to see if it is on correctly, open end towards the front of the slide. Order another recoil spring and try it. Normally springsare the firs tthing to look at . Check ur grip over real good, it could be shooter induced to. Have you looked at the thread called PROPPER PREPPING OF YOUR NEW KAHR. There are some very helpful tips there to look at In ur first 200 rounds you had 3 issues, normally if there was a part problem it would occur far far more than 3 times. Now don't get mad either,just trying to help some, but just check over yor grip and locked wrist. Maybe let another good shooter try it for 50 rounds. If he can produce what your getting then assume it is not u. Eliminate all possables before panicking. The CW is about as good a gun as they can get, they are not ammo sensitive at all, They just work.... with the recoil spring out of the gun also just rack the slide very slowly to get a feel if things could be hanging up somewhere.

keep us posted, we are here to help, can't guarantee but we try hard..

9Mil
11-23-2010, 03:13 PM
Cool. Thanks for the tips. I have checked to make sure the spring was in properly. I do disassemble and clean it after each session of rigorous shooting. Never really thought my shooting grip/style could be an issue but I'm not ruling that out. I'm definitely not a pro marksman by any means.
I'll check in to what I may be doing to cause this. If it continues to occur then I might try a new spring.

I'll keep everyone updated if I figure anything out. I have been satisfied with its performance other than this small hiccup.

Thanks again.