PDA

View Full Version : Bought a CW9

LLDJR
10-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Bought a CW9, will have it in my hands on Friday,,,, all I need is an extra mag and a tuckable IWB holster.

This will go with my Ruger LCP and my Glock 19

Break in I assume is @ 100 rounds?

jocko
10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
actually in the kahr manual which I cannot over stress TO READ COMPLETLEY. recommends 200 rounds before getting excited about any little things. The gun needs to mate itself and I have no doubt your gun will be good to go out of the box but from round 1 to 200 you will feel the gun smooth out alot.

A good break in with no bang thing is to: clean the gun before going out with it, there is a little hole in the bottom of yor slide up by the breech face, insert your spray cleaner nozzle in there and just spray away and you will see fluids comingout both ends of the slide. This is good, You have now just clenaed that striker channel area. DO NOT OIL IN THAT AREA. leave dry. Sometimes from factory machining etc crude/crap will get in that channel and could cause light strikes or other issues. Now you have cleaned it.

grease the slide rails and then just sit there and rackthat slide as fast as u can about 500 times. this helps break in without the bang thing and cost also.

make sure your recoil spring is on correctly (manual shows you) and indeed use the slide lock release lever to load that first round in the magazine. If you try to hand rack you might get some ftf due to the gun not broken in well enough yet to hand rack. Try it but if it ftf, go back to what kahr recommends. USE THE SLIDE LOCK LEVER TO LOAD.

We allthink we can rack perfectly and most can with practice, but IMO kahr recoils springs are very stout and if u ride that slide back at all, it will ftf. using the slide lock lever to release the slide, releases it with the same velocity every time in order to load that first round. CW kahrs are alittle bigger than the PM series so they should be albe to be hand racked as u get accustomed to your kahr.

treat it right and it willserve u well. Break in with fmj ammo, leave the defense stuff alone untilthe gun is running perfect, then find the round you want to carry and test it out. Kahrs are not ammo sensitive. Mine will shoot any brand, bullet weight that goes into the pipel. MY K9 and PM9 have never failed.

Nice gun, now just shoot it like u stole it..

LLDJR
10-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the help! I will follow you recommendation and see how it goes. I have a high degree of confidence in this gun, probably more so than my LCP, the LCP is a great little gun but it is just so small that the trigger is in a weird spot for the length of my finger.

Also, I can stock up on one type of ammo for now as well.

LLDJR
10-28-2009, 03:19 PM
I also ordered a High Noon IWB Split Decision for a CW9 with Crimson Laser.

High Noon Holsters (http://www.highnoonholsters.com/)

LLDJR
10-30-2009, 01:35 PM
:cool:

http://i556.photobucket.com/albums/ss8/LAPCO/IMG_1280.jpg

jocko
10-30-2009, 01:48 PM
know about u or ur area but I ahve not seen one round of 380 ammo in my wal mart store in over 9 months. 9mmis slowly showing up but gone within 2 days. Ihave about 4000rounds of 9mm wwb from wal mart that I try to keep in stock.

I truly love to shoot my kahr PM9, My K9 is a real shotoer but I hardly shoot it and it is my loaded home defense gun 24/7. the steel kahrs are awesome IMO but once you get ur hands on a PM or CW series, it is hard to go backwards, for me anyhow.

You have a super cw there and if the PM9 is kahrs best seller the cw9 is kahrs better yet seller. It would be intersting toknow about what percent those 2 models are, . I will try to run this buy my kahr inside friend . Might be suprised.

take your time breaking it in, be patient and if u have any problems this forum is absolutley the best IMO..99% of the guyshere ar ekahr owners and kahr lovers, they are here to hept and some to be helped also. to me that is what a gun forum should be all about.:p

LLDJR
10-30-2009, 02:49 PM
jocko, here in Indianapolis, 9mm Luger can be found in boxes of 250 Remington UMC for $75.00

I could find the .380 for the Ruger LCP occasionally but, I had to search

I am looking forward to breaking the CW9 in

I also ordered a .22lr conversion kit for my Glock 19 so that helps with low cost fun as well.

jocko
10-30-2009, 02:54 PM
jocko, here in Indianapolis, 9mm Luger can be found in boxes of 250 Remington UMC for $75.00

I could find the .380 for the Ruger LCP occasionally but, I had to search

I am looking forward to breaking the CW9 in

I also ordered a .22lr conversion kit for my Glock 19 so that helps with low cost fun as well.

my local wal mart has 100 box wwb for $19.35--when they have um.. I bout a 100 rounds of 147 wwb 50 to a box for $7.12 at wal mart about 3 months ago, They hav enever had any since then. That was to me a total steal. I don't normallyl shot 147 ammo but at that price and punching paper, who cares..

LLDJR
10-31-2009, 01:01 PM
my local wal mart has 100 box wwb for $19.35--when they have um.. I bout a 100 rounds of 147 wwb 50 to a box for $7.12 at wal mart about 3 months ago, They hav enever had any since then. That was to me a total steal. I don't normallyl shot 147 ammo but at that price and punching paper, who cares..

Wow, today Dicks Sporting Goods had WWB 9mm 115 grain for $14.99 today, limit of 3 boxes

Bought 2 boxes of 250 count Remington UMC today and 1 box of .22lr for my Glock Advantage Arms 22 conversion,,,you can never have enough ammo;)

kpm9
11-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I bought a CW a few weeks ago, and it's been perfect so far, with less than perfect ammo. 100 rounds for Monarch brass ammo.

jocko
11-03-2009, 02:37 AM
I bought a CW a few weeks ago, and it's been perfect so far, with less than perfect ammo. 100 rounds for Monarch brass ammo.

owners should be getting excited about kahr's coming out with night sights for the CW in xs big dot and also a night sight version by kahr also. Not sure exactly when this announcement will be made but it is coming. A big score IMO:cheer2::cheer2: