PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using the 4 inch ported barrel?

TheTman
12-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Is anyone using the 4 inch ported barrel? How do you like it. Do you know how it compares with one that has been Magnaported?
The point may be moot since I don't see them listed for the CW40 in the online store anymore. I was considering this over Magna-porting as I want to be able to return the pistol to "stock" as some people won't buy a self defense gun with porting. Some fear that gases will get blown into your face if you are struggling with a bad guy over control of the pistol and it goes off in with the barrel close to your face.
I don't mind the recoil of the .40, but it would be nicer to be able aquire the target quicker for the 2nd shot.

10Kahrs
12-04-2010, 01:51 PM
I have a ported P40 from mag-na-port and I could not be happier! Follow up shots are quicker and more accurate magnaport is pretty good too very quick turn around time 1 week for me

jocko
12-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Some fear that gases will get blown into your face if you are struggling with a bad guy over control of the pistol and it goes off in with the barrel close to your face.

to many scenario's for me. If it goes off with any barrel near your face, I would hate to think what might happen. If u thijnk no flame comes out the front of that barrel of a non ported gun, then tell me where it goes. U probably could light firewood with a PM9 at one foot and with a PM40 at 2 feet..
If u don't want to port it, that is OK to. I just don't read hardly any reports from people who have ported their guns giving all the negatiives that I read from non porters. I would not want an extened kahr ported barrel for range use and then go back to the standard barrel for defense use. U need to train with what your gonna carry, if u feel that having a ported gun go off under your nose might cause harm, (which indeed it might, but you can test it for me and let us all know) then indeed train around that scenario. anything can be done if you want to. I would hate to see a non ported gun go off under my nose also.
I am sure there are disadvantageous to a ported gun, but there are also noticeable advantages, such as less recoil, second shot much easier to come into and I can assure u if 10 kahrs has a PM40 ported then he is enjoying for me what is one heh of a recoil caliber in such a small ass lighweight gun.
again, I have carried for 48 years, never had to draw my gun in anger, all my carry peaces are ported. I shoot all my carry peaces like I stole um, which means I shoot um alot. I want to enjoy my range time and a PM9 is pleasant to shoot as it is but forme when I ported it, It just made it that much better.

My tuned ported G19 is the most accurate semi I have ever owned/shot and being ported that damn gun just never moves when I pull the trigger. It is simply amazing how that gun just sits right there waiting for me to pull the triger again. My PM9 ported is not as good as the G19 in that scenario but it sure doesn't jump around anymore either..

zorn, u can look up on this forum Jocko's custom PM9 and see a fully customized PM9 with a Magna port job on it. They do the PM40 the same way..

Try looking up Magna port.com..

jeepster09
12-04-2010, 08:23 PM
I have had about a dozen Magnaported so far all different types of guns, happy with all. Here is picture of last one done.

Bawanna
12-04-2010, 09:33 PM
http://kahrtalk.com/attachments/general-discussion/1422d1274058538-k40-magna-port-dscn1189.jpg

Heres a picture of my K40 after magnaport. I have others if they would help.
They do a nice job and it looks cool.