PDA

View Full Version : K9 vs P9

justwondering01
10-30-2009, 02:22 PM
For those of you who have or have tried both, are the dimensions on these pistols the same as far as grip and slide length? Is the only real difference one being a polymer frame and the other a metal frame? And does the same hold true for the MK9 vs the PM9?

Phantom
10-31-2009, 06:51 AM
They are overall the same size pistols, but the polymer frame (grip area) feels smaller to me than the steel frame.

johnh
10-31-2009, 09:02 AM
The P9 and K9 would be roughly identical in thickness were it not for the grips on the K. As with most polymer guns, there is a significant reduction in grip width due to the elimination of grip panels. Beyond that when placing them side-by-side and examining from various angles, I cannot see any difference in length, width, or height apart from the grip area.

John

justwondering01
10-31-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I held a new P9 at a local gun shop and I really liked how it felt in my hand. So now I'm on the hunt for either a used K9 or a used P9. I almost got that MK9 listed on the MGO site. Missed it by a couple hours.

jocko
11-04-2009, 04:07 PM
My k9 is a real shooter, I don't carry it and it rests in my vanity stand but the all steel kahrs are just awesome....