PDA

View Full Version : Clipdraw Holster

Slynchee
12-06-2010, 04:05 PM
I am searching for a holster that is comfortable. I am a huge believer in concealment if you carry. I have researched the clipdraw holster, and I am very interested. Those of you that have a clipdraw, are you happy with it? Has there been any issues? When you remove the tape does it ruin the finish or leave any marks? Does the clip interfere with the ejection of the rounds? Your input is appreciated.

Slynchee
12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
I find it hard to believe that no one on here has an opinion on these clips. someone has to own one of these.

robmcd
12-07-2010, 09:12 AM
There were two students in my Utah CFP course on Sunday that used a Clipdraw for IWB concealment. One had a Kel-Tec P3AT and the other had a Ruger LCP, both with CTC lasers. I tried the Ruger, and thought it was a great concealment method. The Kel-Tec was owned by a gunsmith who swears by it and said it does not impede operation of the gun. My impression is that they are best suited to the smallest, lightest guns only.

Here's a photo of PM with Clipdraw that I found on the web.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj131/robmcdphotos/PM9-02.jpg

deuce
12-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Ohio law states that to carry concealed the gun has to be carried in a holster on your person so I guess I'll never get to try the clipdraw.:mad:

rock
12-07-2010, 06:11 PM
More info on carrying without a holster at www.ishotmyballsoff.com

chp5
12-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I have used them on my S&W J Frames. The one made specifically for the J allowed the gun to shift.

I then I installed the "Universal" revolver model and it is great.

I just picked up an MK9 and I will order a Clipdraw for it. I hope it works well because I really like the minimalist concept.

chp5
12-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Slynchee - I received my clipdraw a few days ago and have been carrying myMK9 with it since.

I carry AIWB. It is comfortable, secure and provides a decent draw. The MK9 stays put and does not shift. I will note that it's important to wear a good belt made for concealed carry - even more so with the clipdraw than a traditional holster. I suspect the clipdraw would not work as well with a crappy belt. I wear a horse-hide belt from the Beltman.com and a shark belt from Rafter S (not sure if they're still in business).

I put >150 rounds out of the MK9 yesterday at the range. No failures of any type with the clipdraw and it did not seem to interfere with extraction in anyway. My set up looks like the pic posted above, except its an MK9 instead of a PM9.

Hope this helps.

recoilguy
12-20-2010, 07:45 AM
I have no personal experiance with one. My shooting buddy has one on his LCP and I laugh everytime I see it. I don't know why but it cracks me up. I ask him if he wants a pocket protector for his nerd gun.....he says it works ok and it is cheap. Which, knowing him, means it is cheap so it is ok by him. He does carry with it all the time, I am not sure if it is just because I know he has it or if it is acctually this obvious but he is alwayys touch checking it to be sure it is there or positioned right or what ever.

RCG

MichSteve
12-25-2010, 10:36 AM
I have a clip draw on my S&W 642 carry daily I like it.

dusty10
12-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Just curious about you guys using this clip draw. Don't you sweat all over your gun in the summer? No insult intended but down here in Texas I get home at the end of a day and gun is plenty wet even in a holster with a sweat shield. I can't imagine what wearing a gun IWB using a clip draw must be like in the hotter regions of USA. Glad it works for ya', I'm just baffled. Of course, I'm baffled alot so this is not an unusual circumstance for me.

chp5
12-27-2010, 10:35 AM
Just curious about you guys using this clip draw. Don't you sweat all over your gun in the summer? No insult intended but down here in Texas I get home at the end of a day and gun is plenty wet even in a holster with a sweat shield. I can't imagine what wearing a gun IWB using a clip draw must be like in the hotter regions of USA. Glad it works for ya', I'm just baffled. Of course, I'm baffled alot so this is not an unusual circumstance for me.

I'm in GA and it's hot and humid as hell here in the summer. I just got my MK9, but i've carried and worked outside with my J Frame in the summer. It is aluminum and SS and I've had no problems.

Yes - it gets sweated on and no issues. My MK9 is SS, so I expect no issues with it either. You may have issues with a blue gun.

swampman
12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
why is it, that I spend as much or more on holsters each time I buy a gun and i'm never really satisfied?:)

Bawanna
12-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Don't we all. I sometimes think we buy leather when we can't quite afford another new gun. Why most of us have large boxes or drawers full of holsters that we never cared for much.

jlottmc
12-29-2010, 09:08 AM
I used to have one on a Rossi 462 (2" bbl 357, with 6 rounds, and stainless finish), I found that the universal had the hook just a hair short for some activities, and I was worried that the trim tape that held the thing in place would come off. That never happened, and it was a great way to carry that little monster. I would have like to see the hook that does the holding be about a quarter to half inch longer though, as I had to pay a bit more attention to entering a vehicle and getting out of it as well. I might do one again, then again, I have some decent holsters that work well. Oh it tucked well for me too.