PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of TP45 with short (covert) grip

klink4
12-15-2010, 08:02 PM
I know its been discussed on the form, and I am interested in shortening the grip on my TP45 for more conceal-ability. I plan on having Robar do the work so I can have the grip re-textured as well. What I'm having a problem with is deciding whether to go to the P Series or PM Series grip size. Does anyone have any picks of the conversion done TP to P and TP to PM?

gb6491
12-20-2010, 06:25 PM
I haven't seen any photos of an actual conversion of this type, so here's a photoshop effort (L to R: TP45, TP/P45, TP/PM45):
http://oi56.tinypic.com/j90cg3.jpg
Hope it helps and welcome to the forums.
Regards,
Greg

Bawanna
12-20-2010, 07:11 PM
For my 2 bits worth, I'd go with the P. I think the balance and feel would be off with a PM grip. Grip is important.
Course I'd probably just leave the TP as is and get a PM45 as a running mate which of course isn't on the list of options in your original question.
Sounds like a fun project anyhow.

jocko
12-21-2010, 05:24 AM
I knew bawanna and I had to disagree about something. I would shorten it to the PM size. Your not reducing alot just going to the P size and what are u doing it for if it is nto to reduce it somewhat more concealable.

No doubt you will loose some grip,but your taking one hell of a nice shooter, not meant for pocket carry and chopping it up to possably pocket carry. There is some give and take in assets and liabilities of a shorter grip, ..

If it was my gun, I would leave it alone and just buy a PM45 for pocket carry and be done with it. By the timeyou get done with Robar work , which is excellent by theway, you could have gotten close to buying a second gun.

Nice photo work. by the way.

heh Bawanna, glad they didn't cut your fingers off, good to see you partially back.. I miss u ol buddy------like a hernia!!

Bawanna
12-21-2010, 09:38 AM
I knew bawanna and I had to disagree about something. I would shorten it to the PM size. Your not reducing alot just going to the P size and what are u doing it for if it is nto to reduce it somewhat more concealable.

No doubt you will loose some grip,but your taking one hell of a nice shooter, not meant for pocket carry and chopping it up to possably pocket carry. There is some give and take in assets and liabilities of a shorter grip, ..

If it was my gun, I would leave it alone and just buy a PM45 for pocket carry and be done with it. By the timeyou get done with Robar work , which is excellent by theway, you could have gotten close to buying a second gun.

Nice photo work. by the way.

heh Bawanna, glad they didn't cut your fingers off, good to see you partially back.. I miss u ol buddy------like a hernia!!

Well in hindsight much as it pains me, I have to bow to your wisdom Jocko. Your thoughts are sound if still a bit unstable. The short grip would conceal better and its still mostly concealablity we're after.
Course your best statement was leaving it alone and getting a PM45.
Also plus 1 on Robar, I've sent alot of dept guns there for stuff, like 35 Glocks for grip reduction and texture. All nicely done. Our sniper rifles came from there as well. Good stuff.

My fingers are all still attached, the mind still wanders some so all is semi ok and getting better slowly.

jocko
12-21-2010, 11:16 AM
glad ur doing better Bawanna. I did have a phone call with your surgeon and he said all went well but they also took out over 50# of pure sh-t that was just there for no reason. I told him that was a big mistake as that was just part of the B.S you give us on this forum and being in the hospital for that short of a time, he was just backed up with it and that in a few days of posting on this forum that 50# would have just dissapeared, only to reappear ON THIS FORUM!!!

Bawanna
12-21-2010, 12:09 PM
He mentioned your call and apologized for removing it but also added that there didn't seem to be any shortage of BS in my internals. I guess thats a good thing, or not.

I love you man! (not in any mano mano unnatural way ya know?)

I'll be 10/10 on the side for a bit, gotta get flat for awhile.

jocko
12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I love you man! (not in any mano mano unnatural way ya know?)

whew, sure glad you got that straightened out on this forum, they were beginning to talk u know???