PDA

View Full Version : Lube points for detail stripped slide...?

Roadblock
12-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I've never detail stripped the slide on my P9 but I decided it was probably time to do it. The guns a few years old and I hardly even do basic cleanings as it is.

Anyway of the internal components, do any of them get oiled or do you just clean the parts, put it back together then fallow the standard "Kahr Lube Diagram"?

Thanks guys and gals.

Bawanna
12-15-2010, 09:00 PM
I very lightly lube the stuff in the extractor channel, kind of lube and then wipe it of. I leave the striker and everything in that channel clean and unlubed. Other than that just put it together and lube like normal.

Roadblock
12-16-2010, 03:40 PM
That's pretty much what I did. I wiped down all the parts other then the parts in the firing pin channel with a rag that was soaked with CLP and put it back together then followed the lube diagram. Just wanted to make sure.

I was pretty impressed with the fact this gun has several thousand rounds threw it and everything was pretty much clean.

Thanks for the reply! :D

jocko
12-16-2010, 04:25 PM
That's pretty much what I did. I wiped down all the parts other then the parts in the firing pin channel with a rag that was soaked with CLP and put it back together then followed the lube diagram. Just wanted to make sure.

I was pretty impressed with the fact this gun has several thousand rounds threw it and everything was pretty much clean.

Thanks for the reply! :D

now will just use that little clean out hole on the bottom of the slide up by the breech face, you will never have to take that striker channel apart again. You can blow clean thaat entire channel and allparts inside by the little hole and your spray cleaner. remember don't oil that channel, leave it dry but getin the habit every cleaning of just putting the spray nozzle in that clean out hole and give it 5 seconds of cleaning and you are done...:third:

dusty10
12-16-2010, 05:40 PM
Somehow, I knew that was coming....Good advice Jocko.

bigdave622
06-15-2013, 03:47 AM
No lube on striker or in striker channel. The striker is nickel plated and slides like Teflon on the stainless channel.... Dry

ripley16
06-15-2013, 05:57 AM
I like to treat all the moving parts with a dry lube whenever I take the slide apart. Any brand will suffice. I use Militec-1 or Eezox.