PDA

View Full Version : Whoaaaaaa! This is new....

WMD
12-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Well..., We need to check out this Magnum Research stuff. Anyone ever shoot a DE50? How about one of the big bore revolvers? :D

Bawanna
12-22-2010, 04:08 PM
I agree. This is pretty exciting with the kahr acquisition. I still remember my first ever experience with Desert Eagle, I believe it was an NRA show in Seattle. I was looking over the then brand new 357, 44 hadn't been released yet.
The rep was just a great guy and he broke that gun down completely to show me what it looked like inside. I was very much impressed with his efforts as well as the quality of the insides of that gun.
What a marketing victory to release that huge 357 and then release a 44, followed by a kit to convert the 357. Some smart marketers there for sure. Shes a big ole gun, thats for sure.
Almost too large for ankle carry but I'd like to give a 50AE a try, I surely would.

JustinN
12-22-2010, 05:53 PM
I've shot the DE in 44mag. Wasn't really my cup of tea...the slide felt so long I thought it was gonna hit me in the face with every shot. Still kind of an interesting gun, and the Matrix would be completely different without them.....Snatch as well.

johnh
12-23-2010, 09:26 AM
Soft shooting for a 44 though, am I right? I thought it felt more like a really hot 45. :D That is kind of cool, given the cartridge. It was also accurate. If I were hunting with a 44, that would be my choice. I am an auto-loader guy at heart...

John

glockeyed
12-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Soft shooting for a 44 though, am I right? I thought it felt more like a really hot 45. :D That is kind of cool, given the cartridge. It was also accurate. If I were hunting with a 44, that would be my choice. I am an auto-loader guy at heart...

John

:cool:

i sold my ruger blackhawk 44mag because it hurt my hands after 12 rounds. used the money for my DE44, which is so soft i try to only bring 50rds so i won't go broke shooting it!

WMD
12-24-2010, 05:46 AM
I also sold my Ruger Blackhawk 44. It was an old 3 screw. I have been kicking myself ever since. I really liked that gun. I did not have issues with recoil in that gun. Now a Ruger Redhawk was a different story, sold that one right away. I hated it. I have shot one of MRI's big bore revolvers. It was in 45/70. Like the Ruger Blackhawk, I loved it. I guess those single action revolvers fit my hand well. The DE's are new to me and I really do not have much experience with them other then handling them. They are HUGE! :D

glockeyed
12-24-2010, 06:59 AM
funny i found the redhawk much more comfortable lol, but DE is huge.
i should go weight it... i think its 4lbs unloaded.

Bawanna
12-24-2010, 11:28 AM
I have 3 Blackhawks, rarely shoot them anymore but wouldn't part with them for the world, lot of history with them in my old hunting days. Wish I had a 3 screw. I feel your pain on that one.
I was never partial to the Redhawk, just not my style I guess.
I have an Uberti 45 Colt with the Birdshead handle, that one really does it for me, just love the look and feel. I just melt for color case hardening too. Love that look.
Saw a 1911 that was completely case hardened at a gun show, in the imortal words of Dietrich, it made my britches stick out in front.

OldLincoln
12-24-2010, 01:07 PM
After watching the Hickock45 Knock-Down power? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MPSDjJQIv4) video, I can see why the 44mag is good but seems like it would be heavy to carry. The 10mm did very well. I was very disappointed in the 9mm.

Since just comparing guns I can never own, how does the STI 2011 compare with the DE?

earle8888
12-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Yep! got to try a 50DE at indoor range, it was a loaner, not mine. Very accurate, which was a very big surprise to me. To big for CCW,:)
Really would like to do some work with a 1911 10mm.

LuckyGunner
01-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I've rented a DE 50. After shooting one I didn't feel the need to purchase one anymore. I'm sure I will pick on up eventually, but only if I come across a great deal.

What I would really like to see from the new Kahr/MRI acquisition is for them to bring back the IWI steel Baby Eagle. I have 2 of them in 9mm now. I have to say for a range/HD pistol it is one of my favorites. They are pretty hard to find right now since no one is importing them anymore. The MRI site seems to be hinting that there will be some positive announcements coming.

Roshi
01-30-2011, 05:19 PM
I own a DE .50 AE which both my wife and I shoot. I find the recoil to be very stout but not at all as painful as the S&W .44 Mag Mountain Revolver I had. We do want to get a .44 Mag barrel but MRI is way behind in production and is now using all barrels to assemble new pistols. We decided to get MRI to install a muzzle break on the .50 and that took only three weeks and the work done was a superb fit. We haven't had a chance to try it out.

I also have a Kahr PM9 which has been my primary concealed carry gun for over two years.

I'm looking forward to see what Kahr does with MRI.

jeepster09
02-12-2011, 07:14 PM
I have the .44 and the .50, fun guns.:) However very dissapointed with lack of customer service. My .50 has a bad barrell and I have been trying to get one since last fall. I keep getting new answer as to when they will be available.:confused:

Fedor
03-18-2011, 08:28 AM
I used to own a DE .50AE that I should have kept. :(
I have a BFR .500 Mag with a 7 1/2" barrel that I will never get rid of. :)

Mustang21
02-14-2012, 07:22 PM
Apparently the DE 50 AE is no longer available. Magnum Research web site is no longer. I was thinking of getting a 10 inch barrel for mine but I guess not. I can't express how disappointed I am. I guess I'll have to find a 1911.

MLESa7990
02-15-2012, 06:22 AM
Maybe they are having issues with the website? I'd calm down a bit, then maybe try later.

lol

WMD
02-15-2012, 06:49 AM
I was just on the MRI site. Everything was OK. I think the problem is temporary. I still would love to own one of those 45/70 BFR's. :D

Mustang21
02-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Nope it's not up. The page that displays is by a web hosting co. Look closer there is nothing about Magnum Research. And yes I'm calm thanks for your concern.

Bawanna
02-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Apparently the DE 50 AE is no longer available. Magnum Research web site is no longer. I was thinking of getting a 10 inch barrel for mine but I guess not. I can't express how disappointed I am. I guess I'll have to find a 1911.

No fear Mustang. The DE50AE is alive and well and I want one too. It's the crystal ball that's apparently messed up, not the gun.

Now if we can just get Jeepster a barrel for his, my life will be complete.

OldLincoln
02-15-2012, 11:33 AM
My range has a .50 to rent (free to members) but I've felt pain before and my ears hurt enough when the next stall shoots it.