PDA

View Full Version : MK9 First Range Report

kahrseye
12-22-2010, 06:02 PM
I was fortunate to be able to get to the local indoor range yesterday to shoot my MK9 Elite. I shot 100 rounds, 50 American Eagle 124gr FMJ ball ammo, and 50 Remmington green box 124gr FMJ ball ammo. I had no problems whatsoever. The little bugger ate everything and begged for more. The gun is very accurate (I expected no less). I shot most targets at 21 ft but also some at 25ft and 40 ft. I was very surprised that I could hit a 9 inch paper plate at 40 ft. There was no noticable difference in recoil between my PM9 and the MK9. This surprised me as I thought the MK9 would have less recoil being a little heavier. This is a very nice weapon.:p

dusty10
12-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Good range report kahrseye. Glad all worked as it should. Thats' a great looking little gun. Will you be carrying it from time to time?

kahrseye
12-22-2010, 07:06 PM
As a matter of fact, I've been carrying it daily. It's not a pocket carry for sure, but I have a fobus paddle holster and it carries nicely.

Bawanna
12-22-2010, 07:18 PM
I'd be proud to carry it on the days you don't want to. I have space available.

kahrseye
12-22-2010, 08:29 PM
I'd be proud to carry it on the days you don't want to. I have space available.

Forever the gentleman B. My daughter already has dibs on it. In fact she wants me to give it to her like yesterday.:rain:

Bawanna
12-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Forever the gentleman B. My daughter already has dibs on it. In fact she wants me to give it to her like yesterday.:rain:

Well I concede to your daughter without reservation and agree with her that it would be a nice thing.
I'd ask for photos but I'm suppose to act responsible and dignified whatever the heck that might be.

scotty_MK9
12-22-2010, 10:57 PM
hey sorry to change subject but how do i post my own thread? anyone??

scotty_MK9
12-22-2010, 11:14 PM
NM figured it out! Thanks anyways...

BobR
12-23-2010, 03:19 AM
As a matter of fact, I've been carrying it daily. It's not a pocket carry for sure, but I have a fobus paddle holster and it carries nicely.

I don't know about that, I pocket carry mine every day with no issue. I think it would depend on the weight of the clothing, and wether you were wearing a gunbelt or not as to the practicality of the MK 9 as a pocket pistol.

kahrseye
12-23-2010, 07:26 AM
I don't know about that, I pocket carry mine every day with no issue. I think it would depend on the weight of the clothing, and wether you were wearing a gunbelt or not as to the practicality of the MK 9 as a pocket pistol.

Agreed. With dress pants and a dress belt, it just weights down the trousers. But I didn't buy it to pocket carry it so no problem. I have the PM9 for that.:target:

DasFriek
12-23-2010, 10:14 AM
The MK9 is a perfect back pocket carry gun with the right holster.
Its no LCP, But i carry full sized steel 1911's as my main gun so a few extra ounces in my back pocket aren't noticed.

jocko
12-23-2010, 10:43 AM

I'm sure alot pocket carry the MK9, In my mind I still feel it is a waist band type gun. right cloths might allow the MK in the pocket, BUT BUT BUT,
the PM9 IMO was designed for pocket carry and between the two, it is apples and oranges.

One carry damn near anything in his pocket but 50 half dollars in ones pocket and a twenty and a five in bills--well, get my point..

BobR
12-23-2010, 02:36 PM
Agreed. With dress pants and a dress belt, it just weights down the trousers. But I didn't buy it to pocket carry it so no problem. I have the PM9 for that.:target:

Ah, a duo of Kahrs. Excellent way to go. My carry duo are the K9 elite and the MK 9.

kahrseye
12-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Ah, a duo of Kahrs. Excellent way to go. My carry duo are the K9 elite and the MK 9.

I think that would be a hefty duo indeed. :emptybath: :target:

quikduk
01-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Kahrseye,

Was the barrel jeweled when you purchased it? I have thought about having that done.

jocko
01-12-2011, 02:38 PM
a note: I had my PM9 jeweled by cylinder and slide when I had some cstom work done on it. It lasted about 500 rounds and it just wore off. I wasted some good bucks on nothing, nadda, zero,

quikduk
01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
Good to know and I'll save my money.

Bawanna
01-12-2011, 02:59 PM
It does look very cool to me, some don't like it. If you have a drill press, a pencil with a good eraser and some polishing compound you can do it yourself. It probably takes longer but it gets the job done and looks good. I've done a few of mine. Perhaps not as nice as the pros but it was free.
Kind of depends on the gun as to the wear also. Some don't last long at all, others only wear in small areas.

roffle waffle
01-13-2011, 10:32 PM
In my opinion it shoots much better with the wood grips (slightly thicker than stock rubber)