PDA

View Full Version : Media stuck in the flash hole

94zcar
12-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Hey guys I just tried out my new lyman tumbler. I loaded it up with about 300 9mm shells, some walnut shell media and nu finsh. After about 3 hours I drained the media. I noticed some of the media is stuck in the flash holes. I left the primers in. So I was thinking if I loaded these and there was a piece of walnut media in them would that cause any problems?

I'm thinking the media will get pushed out with the old primers....I tried tapping the brass on my bench but it ain't comin out.

Bawanna
12-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Exactly correct. When you deprime it usually will knock that piece of media out with it. Anything that is left will drop out with a little tap on the bench.
One reason I don't deprime before tumbling. Many do and thats ok but I like to leave em in.

Zorn
01-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Exactly correct. When you deprime it usually will knock that piece of media out with it. Anything that is left will drop out with a little tap on the bench.
One reason I don't deprime before tumbling. Many do and thats ok but I like to leave em in.

+1. What he said.

MW surveyor
01-24-2011, 04:08 PM
+2, clean, deprime and tap is the way to go. May be a bit slower but it keeps your deprime/resize die clean.