PDA

View Full Version : Magnaported pm40 vs pm9

2thhacker
01-03-2011, 08:51 AM
I just bought a pm40 (my first kahr) and would like faster follow-up shots. Considering magnaporting or just trading for a pm9. Is the recoil on the ported .40 comparable to a stock pm9?

jocko
01-03-2011, 10:45 AM
never shot a ported kahr 40 but my PM9 is ported and my second shot is right tghere just waiting on me to pull the trigger. My g19 is also magna ported and even my smitty told me that was the smoothest shooting glock he had ever shot. virtually no recoil. I can't see how it cannot help the PM40 pocket rocket, which is well know for felt recoil.
PM seknt.

Bawanna
01-03-2011, 11:38 AM
I don't have a PM40 but I have a magnaported K40. I'm thinking a ported 40 would still have more felt recoil than a PM9 but I can only offer conjecture.
It looks really cool and it did tame it some but it's still a jolt even in the all steel.
It was enough that I decided I won't part with it even though my PM45 has taken it's place 99.7% of the time.
I don't recall anyone here with a ported PM40 but there must be someone.???

garyb
01-03-2011, 02:10 PM
You'd have to expect me to jump in on this one. I just bought new kevlar welding gloves and helmet, so I'll have no need to port my PM40. It will take 2-3 trips to the range to wear these new ones out...ha ha. I'd love to see what a port job looks like on a PM, if anyone wants to post some photos. Perhaps I'll do a search.

garyb
01-03-2011, 02:18 PM
I searched the forum and the only photo of a PM I could find was Jocko's 9mm...figures....haha. Problem for me is that they'd cut into my pretty diamond coating and I'd have a messy looking stainless cut in my slide...yuk. I prefer the recoil, which really isn't an issue....But that's just me. PM40's are known for their smooth, pleasant shooting! Ha ha.

jocko
01-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I searched the forum and the only photo of a PM I could find was Jocko's 9mm...figures....haha. Problem for me is that they'd cut into my pretty diamond coating and I'd have a messy looking stainless cut in my slide...yuk. I prefer the recoil, which really isn't an issue....But that's just me. PM40's are known for their smooth, pleasant shooting! Ha ha.

the diamond coating is not touched other than where it is cut out. When I got mine back even the slide where it wqa scut out was coated by magna port and to this day with all those rounds through it, there is no stainless steel showing. Don't ask me how thatis possable either but magna port doe sknow how to port without harming one thing on the gun.

The welding helmet might be a good thing, no need for the gloves unless ur shooting the PM40 and then anything that can help the hand grip that pocket rocket is good. I usually put on good sun tan lotion when firing all my magna ported guns, which is every gun I own (except P380):D:D

Bawanna
01-03-2011, 02:26 PM
I think you'd only see stainless down inside the cut. Magna Port somehow cuts extremely cleanly. It amazes me that they can make that cut and not leave a mark on the outside, no burrs, nothing, just a perfectly clean hole.
I may some day port my PM45 just for the cool look factor. It doesn't really need it to me. I hardly ever wear welding gloves or the kevlar helmet anymore. I do keep em around for the girlyman 40 just for tradition.

jocko
01-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I think you'd only see stainless down inside the cut. Magna Port somehow cuts extremely cleanly. It amazes me that they can make that cut and not leave a mark on the outside, no burrs, nothing, just a perfectly clean hole.
I may some day port my PM45 just for the cool look factor. It doesn't really need it to me. I hardly ever wear welding gloves or the kevlar helmet anymore. I do keep em around for the girlyman 40 just for tradition.

my cuts down inside the stainless cut was somehow by magna port reblued or something as it wa sneover the stainless look when I got it back from them and in allthose rounds I ahve shot that finish down inside has never worn off either. haven't a clue what they did to make it look and stay thatway.:33:

jocko
01-03-2011, 05:28 PM
i had one also it wa sone by APW Cogan, who just drileld two hole sint hetop ofthe slide. notsure if it did anything functionally. Magna port would not do any kel tecs as they told me the barrel was not heavy enought. Same thing witht he Ruger lcp to. They told me they just willnot do any 380's. It looked cool on my kt's but like you my 3 kt's were totally unreliable. I sent my 3 kt's back a total of 17 times before they got reliable enough to peddle them. their service was good to fair, most of the time it took 4 to 6 weeks minimum to get a gun back from kt. Never a charge either, ust a poor qualiyt made product IMO. some never had any issues, course many never hardly shot them either. I tried to shoot my kt's just that they never worked..

garyb
01-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Jocko, where did you get the magnaport done? Address or contact info? I am interested in finding out the cost. Do you experience any flash or anything from the hole in the top which disrupts the sights in any way? I sincerely get a chuckle everytime I read something about guys feeling the PM40 having too much recoil. It has recoil but come on man. Nothing like most shotguns or rifles. It is such a small caliber handgun that it seems trivial to complain about the 40. I would have to know that the blue/black color would be maintained on all aspects of the slide where they cut it. It would have to be very, very inexpensive for me to send my PM40 off to get the work done. What an inconvenience for possibly minimal to no benefit. I would need to know it was worth while and would reduce recoil by a specified %. I just don't know that it justifies any cost because the PM40 recoil is so minimal to me.

MikeyKahr
01-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Jocko, where did you get the magnaport done? Address or contact info?

Sorry to step on toes, Jocko. Here's the info straight from their website, garyb:

www.magnaport.com (http://www.magnaport.com)

41302 Executive Drive
Harrison Township, Michigan 48045-1306
United States of America
tel. (586) 469-6727 | FAX (586) 469-0425 | Email: email@magnaport.com (email@magnaport.com)

If I remember right, they have drop-off service and even same day in some circumstances. Mr. Jocko would know better as he's had quite a bit of experience with them.

Bawanna
01-04-2011, 12:18 AM
They are wicked fast, usually under a week.

jocko
01-04-2011, 06:07 AM
Jocko, where did you get the magnaport done? Address or contact info? I am interested in finding out the cost. Do you experience any flash or anything from the hole in the top which disrupts the sights in any way? I sincerely get a chuckle everytime I read something about guys feeling the PM40 having too much recoil. It has recoil but come on man. Nothing like most shotguns or rifles. It is such a small caliber handgun that it seems trivial to complain about the 40. I would have to know that the blue/black color would be maintained on all aspects of the slide where they cut it. It would have to be very, very inexpensive for me to send my PM40 off to get the work done. What an inconvenience for possibly minimal to no benefit. I would need to know it was worth while and would reduce recoil by a specified %. I just don't know that it justifies any cost because the PM40 recoil is so minimal to me.

is my comments to your post. any porting costs willnever be retrieved if you sell it. It bring sno additional value. Certainly PM40 do have alot of recoil, the fact tha tyou feel they don't tells me that you feel good right where your at with the PM40. The magna ported gun willc ertainly reduce the recoil in that PM40. that isjust a fact. Ifyou read up on the magna port site, you willsee that they do not drill round holes in a hand gun. and that any work on the slide willnot hinder any finish whatso ever, It will be perfect. It is not expensive but it is not nickel and dime work either. Your last sentence tells me to tell you to just DON'T DO IT as u are aprehensive about it and I think you might expect ore than what you will get or also be lookign for things about porting to nit pick on. either way not a good thing. Your happy the way your PM40 is now, so IMO just stick with it. As you well know shooting a shotgun and a handgun are two different things. I don't think you can compare shotgun recoil with handgun recoil. they are both recoil but totally different in how they react on the body.

Would be nice if you could find a ported PM40 to try but you probably won't find on many places either.

I can tell you this, IF I OWNED A PM40 It would certainly be magna ported, no doubt in my mind and that is from shooting pus-y 9's for 40+ years being all ported and knowing what magna porting can do to a 9, can certainly do more to a 40. Save your money and go oput and buy some more 40 cal range fodder and enjoy your PM40. If you will look closely at the last space shuttle launch, you will see 30 of the Kahr PM40's taped on the side of the rocket booster that in case the booster fails these 30 kahr 40 calibers will kick in and get the shuttle up in space where it belongs. they are pocket rockets..

jocko
01-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Sorry to step on toes, Jocko. Here's the info straight from their website, garyb:

www.magnaport.com (http://www.magnaport.com)

41302 Executive Drive
Harrison Township, Michigan 48045-1306
United States of America
tel. (586) 469-6727 | FAX (586) 469-0425 | Email: email@magnaport.com (email@magnaport.com)

If I remember right, they have drop-off service and even same day in some circumstances. Mr. Jocko would know better as he's had quite a bit of experience with them.

step on allyou want, bawanna dirves over my toes all the time.:D

garyb
01-04-2011, 07:36 AM
OK Gentlemen. You have my attention again. I've sent an email with my questions to magnaport to help me decide. I am always open to improvement. I don't find the PM40 to be unpleasant to shoot at all. However, it makes sense to reduce the muzzle flip time. If it could truly be reduced by 20%; without damaging my slide's black appearance or reducing the gun's accuracy; without generating flash or anything to affect my sights or sight picture; with a 1-2 week turn around time; at a cost of under $150....I might just give it a try. Not too much to ask for...haha. I'll see what they say and report back either way. Thanks for the contact info and your input.
Sincerely,
Gary

2thhacker
01-04-2011, 08:15 AM

I'm not in the habit of shooting my shotguns with a one-handed pistol grip, so I wouldn't be able to compare the recoil to the PM40. I haven't had trouble limp-wristing or had the gun hit me in the head, but I would never describe the recoil as "minimal." I'm obviously not as manly as GaryB. The closest gun I've shot to a PM40 (size/caliber) is a PPS .40 I owned a couple years ago. Granted it is slightly bigger and heavier, but there is no comparison between the two recoil-wise. The PPS was much easier to handle/quicker second shots. After 2 trips back to the factory, I just lost faith in mine. I love the way the PM40 feels in my hand, and have made two range trips to break it in (100+ rounds each time). Shooting only a couple mags through it would probably feel different too.

Thanks for the info/help Jocko. If I keep the pistol I will definitely do the porting. I'll try to post pics/report if I do it. I'm waiting for another opportunity to shoot it before I decide.

garyb
01-04-2011, 09:27 AM
The point was not about shooting a shotgun one handed...come on man. The point was that most guys can shoot a shotgun without complaining. If you can shoot your shotgun without complaint, the PM40 is nothing. Just a reference statement. It ain't a 9, it's a 40 guys...what do you expect....come on. Recoil is minimal, manly or not.

I have compared my PM40 to ALL the stock Glock 40 models and the PM40 falls right into line with what anyone would expect from a 40. It shoots nice....like a 40 with all the perks. That said, I always appreciate Jocko's input. He knows what he is talking about. I will look into minimizing the muzzle flip because I see advantage in quicker recovery, but only if it seems like a reasonable project to pursue. I am looking into magnaporting it before I make a decision. I want to know about ALL the pros and cons first, prior to chopping things up. Like Jocko says, if it ain't broke......

2thhacker
01-04-2011, 10:05 AM
To me the recoil is noticably more than my full sized m&p .40 or the PPS I had. Again, part of it may have been fatigue. It was cold both days I shot and I was trying to crank out the 200 rounds for break-in purposes. I don't expect a small, lightweight gun to shoot like a full sized one. This is the first pistol (or shotgun for that matter) that I've shot where I felt the recoil was an issue. Granted, my experience is limited. I bought this gun because it felt right in my hand at the gun shop. They did not have a PM9 in stock, and I am partial to .40 anyway. I checked out this forum after buying the pistol. Everyone seems to adore the PM9, while the .40 gets very mixed reviews. If I had it to do over, I would probably buy the 9 instead. However, if porting would fix my issues I really prefer the .40. I'm going to give it another go and then decide (and certainly not shoot 100 rounds this time).

jocko
01-04-2011, 10:15 AM
everyone experiences "felt" recoil differently. I personally have never shot any powerful hand gun that I did not like. But I would be a damn fool to say my Model 29 had no "felt" recoil" and I would be lying if I said after i ported it, that it didn't help alot either. Still to me was not the caliber that one would like to pump out 200 ronds in one session be it ported or not.

eronomics also plays a very important part of "felt" recoil to When you can't get your hand totally around that grip or have the pinky dangling around doing nothing, then one would expect a more unpleasant gun that a gun that allows all fingers around it. Alot to why so many like the cw 9 or P9 kahrs or the cw40 and P40 khars over the sub framed MK or PM line..

Ol'coot
01-04-2011, 10:37 AM
I do not have a PM40 but I do have a K40 that I had Mag-Na-Ported. I only live about 20 miles from Mag-Na-Port and took my slide and barrel in one Saturday morning and picked it up about 2 hours later. They do great work, The porting process is done by a process called (EDM) electrical discharge machining. An electrode is made in the shape of the port and the EDM electrically burns away the metal with no burrs or stress put into the metal. Here is a link describing the process EDM (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_discharge_machining). IMHO the felt recoil after mag-na-porting was reduced a considerable amount allowing for a fast and accurate second shot but it still has much more recoil that my PM9 that is not ported.

jocko
01-04-2011, 11:30 AM
ol' coot and I have to agree with you, the 40 cal will never tame down to a 9, no way but it can be tamed as u stated.

good to hear from you to. been awhile...

garyb
01-04-2011, 01:54 PM
Gentlemen, I just checked with magnaport and got a prompt response. It sounds like cost is within my expectations. The muzzle flip is reduced by 30-40% but recoil by 15-20%. That is significant enough for me to get it done. They don't reblue the inside of the porting, but that is something I could do with touch up product. Turn around time is good 7-10 days. They only need the barrel and slide, not the polymer. I need to find out if they need the spring, but am guessing it will not be necessary to send it to them.

Now I need to check with Kahr to be sure my warranty is not voided. Otherwise, I might as well wait until the warranty is up to be sure nothing else goes wrong with my gun during this duration. I am guessing that warranty will not be a problem, but now adays, you just don't know what companies will do to you.

At this point, I am still researching but will keep you informed. I'll check out the link concerning the EDM process of porting.

Thanks for all the input. You folks are very helpful to get me to change my thinking.

Bawanna
01-04-2011, 02:05 PM
I only sent the slide and barrel, no springs or frame etc. Had it back in 5 days as I recall. Didn't even look like they took it out of the package, how they did that still amazes me.

I seriously doubt the warranty would be an issue but again it's best to ask if your concerned about that.

Guess I better sell some of my stock in welding gloves and kevlar helmets, I suspect the markets gonna drop off sharply pretty soon.
Maybe I can talk kahr into a PM44Mag. That would help the glove market immensely although I think the muzzle flip would be tolerable.

jocko
01-04-2011, 02:39 PM
garyb. If you develope an issues that is porting related, i. e. maby a crack in the porrted barrl starting at the porting area or something of that nature you have no warranty, just buy another barrel or part. Not sure what kahr will tell you either, alot depends if you get ahold of the right person. That would be a non issue with me. Magna ports work produces zero stress in that area. I can tellyou that I had to send my PM9 back to kahr when I got allmy work done by Cylinder and slide on it as they didn't put the gun back together correcty and the CS director was so impress ed withthe gun and the porting that they wanted photos of it. They never ever mentioned anything about messing up my warranty with that work. Cylinder and slide will port kahrs and kahr highly recommends C & s work,s o Ihave no doubts if you had a warranty issue, kahr wold stand behind it, but lets say your slide went back for some reason, kahr would not make you whole with the loss of your porting work, That you will have to absorb.

Life is achance every day, my friend---GO FOR IT. get that sucke rin the mail..

Bawanna is right, all they need is the slide and barrel, no springs at all. Mail it regular postal mail even for about $5. I thought magna port might have painted some thing inside my silde area that they cut out but maybe I just never paid that much attention to it but after a few shots out ofthe gun that area will blacken itself up and it will blend in perfectly..

garyb
01-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Cool! Thanks guys. It's always good to have someone watching you'rn 6. Some do...some don't. I'll check with Kahr but will probably follow your advice again....this time on the porting. It will be interesting to see the results. I'll report when it's time. Thanks.

garyb
01-05-2011, 06:46 AM
I have sent an inquiry to Kahr concerning the magnaporting affect on warranty issues and am waiting for their reply.

mad1ben2
01-05-2011, 07:36 AM
garyb, I'll be following your progress... keep us posted! Approximately how much did magnaport quote you to port your gun?

garyb
01-05-2011, 08:38 AM
It cost about $140 plus shipping and insurance but here is the answer from Kahr about the magnaport effect on warranty. Unfortunately I will need to wait until my warranty expires or I void it. Perhaps I will notify magnaport to seek their reaction too.

Dear Garyb,
Good morning. Thank you for your
question. I have spoken to one of our gunsmiths about your question and he
has told me that it would void the warranty. Any work done to the firearm
that effects the functionality of the firearm will void the warranty. I
apologize for any inconvenience and I hope this has answered your question.
sincerely,
Jay
Kahr Customer Service
508-795- 3919
www.kahr.com (http://www.kahr.com/)

jocko
01-05-2011, 10:16 AM
that is a typical answer. If you mess with a car engine and it acts up and they can pinpoint it to what you did, it will void the warranty. I think I also stated that if kahr can pinpoint the funtionality being from porting, they can void the warranty. If it breaks a striker or the grips breaks in half. they will indeed HAVE to stand behind the warranty. Not related. been many of court cases over this in the past with mfg-ers who tried to say if you did not use our oil etc, it would void warranty. Harley davidson tried this crapola some years back and lost. as did chrysler corp.

Your decisiona is yours to make. If your so concerned about having warraty issue, don't do it. If I was so concerned about warranty issues on any gun, I probalby wold not even buy the gun either. What do u expect magna port to say??/they can't speak for kahr.

Your to aprenhisive IMO so my feeling is just don't do it. U want more assurance that I think your not gonna really get either. If in doubt, don't do it.

If you had the gun refinished would that void warranty also, or if one put in the wolffs 5# striker spring would tha void the warranty also, If you change to an after market sight that kahr does not sell, would that void warranty ??? If your gun is working perfect now porting will not hinder it. I have never read of one instance of a porrted gun ever effecting reliability, if the realibitiy was there before the porting.

again it is your decision and money. Kahr sells ported barrels, would they not stand behind that either then. I doubt it.

garyb
01-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I understand all your points Jocko, but I prefer to wait until my warranty is up in case something goes wrong and I need the warranty coverage. When the warranty is up, then it will be time to make permanent modifications like magnaporting. You are correct, that magnaport won't have much to say, but I am not being apprehensive...just playing it safe. The warranty has a monetary value built into the purchase price and needs to be a consideration. Simply my choice. Thanks.

jocko
01-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Simply my choice. Thanks

yup ur right in that count!! Gopod thing your kahr didn't cme witht he lifetime warranty-hujh?

garyb
01-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Ha Ha. Wish it had. It would never get ported and I'd be fine with it having a lifetime of full coverage on parts and labor. The porting is only worth $140 out of pocket while a lifetime warranty could very well prove to have a much greater value. Especially when I don't need the porting, but DO need a working gun. Now I need to find out what the real warranty period is????? I can't seem to access the warranty page...anyone know what it is off hand????

garyb
01-05-2011, 02:06 PM
Yea I know. Thanks az. I am currently in Fl traveling in our RV and do not have my manual with me. At the time i wrote my question, I could not get on the Kahr web site. I have since been able to view it in the manual on line. You are correct...5 years. Hmmm...the decision....: Do I forfeit the 5 yr warranty for a magnaport or maintain my 5 yr warranty and live with a gun that I had already felt was great. I think I will keep my warranty just in case and forfeit the magnaport for now.

Owners need to realize that modifications can void the 5 yr warranty. It may be wise to check with Kahr beforehand. Howver, If you can live with voiding the warranty to modify their handgun, that is a decision each owner needs to make. Your only option will be to pay for the parts and labor to repair your gun once you do the mod. Weigh your options carefully!

xzhync
01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, it turns out Magna-Port is practically in my back yard. I decided to get the job done on my PM9. I dropped it off today at lunch time and stopped back a few hours later to pick it up. Looks like they did a very good job. Of course, haven't shot it yet, but hope to soon. There service was great. When I called this morning they said "when do you want to bring it in". They even gave me a 15% off coupon for my next gun.

2thhacker
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Be sure to give us a report after you shoot it.

Jeremiah/Az
01-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Does porting make the report louder to the shooter? Would you get some gas or debris in your face if you had to fire without your arms fully extended, such as grappling with the BG?

Ol'coot
01-11-2011, 06:18 AM
Jeremiah?AZ,

IMHO I can not tell any difference in the report after Mag-Na-Porting my K40, I could however. I also do not believe that debris would be an issue unless the weapon was up close to your face. During training I have shot my K40 many times tucked in close to my body and you can feel the pressure wave but it has not been any issue for me.

Here is a list of myths about porting as listed on the Mag-Na-Port website.

It should be noted that Mag-na-porting a firearm:

* does NOT reduce velocity
* does NOT affect inherent accuracy
* does NOT raise noise level

Mag-na-porting:

* DOES reduce muzzle lift
* DOES reduce perceived recoil
* DOES increase the value of a firearm

I agree with all of them except for increasing the valve, In my experience I do not think it increases or decreases the value as it just makes the gun appeal more to some and less to others. I am very happy with it, and with out a doubt it allows me to recover faster for a more accurate second shot.

Bawanna
01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
I agree with Ol Coot. I've experienced no negative things on my K40 either. For a long time there was alot of concern for the escaping gases for up close discharges and even shooting from a coat pocket etc.

I think the benefits far outweigh any bad stuff. You shoot out of your coat pocket your jackets ruined anyhow, a few burn marks and burnt powder spots won't make it no worse.

I've even shot mine in the dark and the way the flash is diverted off to the sides it didn't bother my night vision. Was kind of cool to watch though.

RONDO
01-21-2011, 06:32 AM
Great discussion guys!:)

Some of us are pretty new to the forum and have not been privy to prior posts on a lot of this stuff, ... we sincerely appreciate the rehash. :cool:

On the warranty issue: My experience has been; "Don't ask the question if you can't stand the answer". If you make a modifaction to any product and subsequently have an unrelated problem, it generally won't make a difference. On the other hand, if you make an issue out of the modification by pointing it out or asking about it, you are opening the door to a possible negative response. ... It's often times easier to plead ignorance and seek forgiveness, than it is to gain permission! ;)

Many of us would sure like ta see a picture of a Magnaported PM9 or PM40. If any are available pls post. Thx in advance.:)

jocko
01-21-2011, 07:09 AM
rondo" look up in the forum for JOCKO'S CUSTOM PM9. u will get your hearts desire, alsong with some other custom stuff I had done to my trusty pocket pistol.

NoJustHappyToSeeYou
01-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Can anyone compare the effectiveness of Magnaport with Kahr's factory ported barrels?

Also, how is it physically possible that porting cut into the factory barrel does not reduce muzzle velocity vs. the stock barrel (the Kahr ported barrel is longer than the stock one, so I can understand that)?

Thx

RONDO
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM
Thx Jocko, I did as you said. It sent me to a post that Bawanna made, referencing a link to your pictures ... but the link no longer works ... any other ideas?

NotjustHappy ... You are correct, if you let some of the gas exhaust before before the bullet leaves the barrel, there's some pressure relief, and necessarily loss of FPS, ... but it sounds like they have researched that aspect and found it to be insignificant.

Bawanna
01-21-2011, 10:29 AM
http://kahrtalk.com/showthread.php?t=859

Here's a link. It's in the Kahr tech section.

jocko
01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
thanx Bawanna..

jocko
01-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Thx Jocko, I did as you said. It sent me to a post that Bawanna made, referencing a link to your pictures ... but the link no longer works ... any other ideas?

NotjustHappy ... You are correct, if you let some of the gas exhaust before before the bullet leaves the barrel, there's some pressure relief, and necessarily loss of FPS, ... but it sounds like they have researched that aspect and found it to be insignificant.

is a very slight loss of fps with a ported barrel. negliable at best, If that parts worrys u, definitely dojn't port it. It certainly can't increase fps. With todays +P ammo out there it is not like the rounds are crawling out of these barrels.

I seriously doubt if an BG would know the difference if he was shot for a ported or not ported gun, but also I have never had the opportuity of asking them either..

I have stated numerous times, When in doubt, just don't do it..For me I never had a doubt.

RONDO
01-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Bawanna & Jocko,

Thx for the link & pix guys, VERY NICE PM9. :cool:

The Magna ports look really cool too, pretty nifty how they were able to place them on the shoulders of the slide, .. perfect job, they look like they came from Kahr already built in.;) I agree, any FPS change is insignificant, looks to me like a real winner, especially if our own Jocko digs 'em!!:bump2:

Thx again, Rondo

jocko
01-21-2011, 02:54 PM
don't take my word for it, read what others have to say that have doe the same thing. I don't work for magna port. I shoot their products and have for over over 30 years. My word is just that my word, means nothing unless u do some research yourself.

Magna-port.com read up on thier work. the finish is never damaged, no matter what the finish is. amazing how they can do that with such precision. They do look cool though. It can light 3 cigarettes at one time to!!!!!!

Bawanna
01-21-2011, 03:01 PM
It does look very very cool and I'm considering sending off my PM45 for the treatment if only for the look factor. I'm dazzled with how clean they put those holes in there.
Looking cool is still pretty close to the top of my list, everything else is second place at best.

jocko
01-21-2011, 03:11 PM
it's magic bawanna, don't try to figure it out, it will drive, or should I say "wheel" u crazy..