PDA

View Full Version : Slide stop function

yamabushi
01-05-2011, 06:59 AM
While I've used them for over three decades I never thought much about them until recently. So, how does the slide stop know that your magazine is empty?

Jim

JustinN
01-05-2011, 07:25 AM
to put it simply a part of your magazine pushes up against it. It is the kinda squarish thing (my P45 ones are metal in the plastic follower) in the follower on the upper left corner just below where the last round sits.

ripley16
01-05-2011, 07:41 AM
While I've used them for over three decades I never thought much about them until recently. So, how does the slide stop know that your magazine is empty?
Jim

I've taught mine to count. :boink:

:D

jocko
01-05-2011, 09:48 AM

Jim

take your slide off now reinsert the slide lock lever and insert a loaded magazine and notice that slide stop lever doesn't move. Now insert an empty magazine and what the slide stop lever move upward and then look inside the gun and you will see that the magazine follower on the last shot round is now picking up the slide lock lever. Very simple when you think about it.