PDA

View Full Version : I am looking for a gunsmith to mod a K9

Jim17
01-08-2011, 07:28 PM
I am looking for a gunsmith to mod a K9. So far, I have located Robar and Cylinder & Slide. Who else is there? Thanks.

robmcd
01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I would guess that most good pistol smiths would work on a metal framed Kahr. Karl Sokol (http://www.chestnutmountainsports.com/) in VT works on Kahrs.

If you're looking for refinish, sights, etc. try Customized Creationz (http://www.customizedcreationz.com).

Foggy
06-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Robar. Enough said. I sent them my K9 a while back for some extensive work and could not be happier. Everything they did was absolute top notch and every one at the company was a pleasure to deal with. Turn around time was exactly as quoted. It was no problem talking to Robbie (the chief cook and bottle washer) and going over the build and getting what I wanted. They understand these Kahrs and know them well ...

JimBianchi
06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
The hack that nearly killed my K9 should he shot!

Only Kahr was able to make it function 100% again.

Buyer Beware!

jocko
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
My experience with my PM9 with C & S was certainly not pleasant and very very very expensive for such little gain. I think sometimes we get sucked in by some of these "elite" smitty's. Not to say they are not good but maybe way over priiced.

Internally there is not alot one can get done to a K model kahr that will show any real difference. They ain't gonna make the trigger system any smoother than maybe 500 rounds down range would certainly do. Now if u want to refinish the entire gun, that is another story. I think I had to learnb the hard way with C & S and also dave Bowie oif Bowie tactical.. Any custom work u do on ur kahr or for that matter any gun, you best put some ketchup on it when u try to sell it, as u will eat all that custom cost. If ur gonna die with it in your hands then have at it. I knbow C & S can do good work so don't take my word as gospel. I just had a very bad experience with them at over ONE GRAND OF WORK..

CJB
06-19-2011, 02:37 PM
The thing I wonder about with C&S is how they stipple the frame, call it an upgrade. One thing Kahr doesn't have is a frame that is hard to hold on to. Its damn near like a cheese grater on the front and back strap.

The thing is - they may do hours of work, and justify their time and expense, but... is what they are selling you worth a damn - for example, like that stippling? All the target crowns and stippling just doesn't do a whole lot, for me at at least. If further "melting" or finishing is what you want, you'll pay the price for it.

If its a defensive pistol, your carry pistol, you may very well consider leaving it dead stock, perhaps with the exception of minor smoothing to sharp edges. Possible legal ramifications should you use it to defend yourself.

jlottmc
06-20-2011, 05:54 AM
Accurate Iron has some good stuff, and moreer and betterer good feed back.

Bawanna
06-20-2011, 09:32 AM
I am looking for a gunsmith to mod a K9. So far, I have located Robar and Cylinder & Slide. Who else is there? Thanks.

What part of the world do you live in Jim? I always like to stay as close to home as I can if theres somebody with a good rep.
If your in AZ then Robar would be it for me. There's lots of good gunsmiths out there, many are small and obscure but do really nice stuff.
Also depends on exactly what your wanting to do to if.